• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to advise my cousin!

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
My cousin is a lovely girl but not the most knowledgable about animals. She's had a gorgeous pets shop bunny called Peter for about 2 years now - he's gorgeous but now aggressive due to not being neutered. He lives in a small hutch in the back garden with no run :( but to be fair to them he has free range of the house and garden whenever they are in. They love him very much and she has accepted that her hutch is too small and is going to get a new one at some point :D

On her fb status today it said she really wanted a guiney pig! I sent her a message saying that's lovely, they're gorgeous etc but you can't keep it with Peter!

She replied asking why not as her friend keeps her guiney pig in the same hutch as her rabbit. I told her all the problems and result! She's changed her mind! She's now thinking of using the smaller hutch for a guiney when Peter gets his new one.

Anyway, I went on to say Peter really needs to be neutered and have a friend, she's a bit unsure because of the cost and she's worried about him, I don't think she realises what a difference it will make!

She's getting married in August and I've offered to pay for the neuter as a wedding present! She's thinking about it and I really think she will take up the offer :)

Anyway...is there anything else I can do to help her along in this decision?! I've told her about local rescues etc.

You can tell her all about my Peter. I am ashamed to say that he lived by himself for a year before I found someone knowledgable to tell me all about neutering/bonding etc.

Here is my Peter with his new wifebun Posy.
July2009-Bonding011.jpg

July2009-Bonding007.jpg

This was from bonding at the wkend.

He is a different bun since being neutered. He was never aggressive but he wasnt very friendly either. Now he loves a fuss and is always demanding nose rubs whereas before his neutering he would just hop away when you went to see him.

Having Peter neutered and finding him a friend is one of the best things I have ever done.

Back