• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent help and vibes please update 30th THANKS JANE

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
My mums bun Richie is not well at all :cry:
I spoke to Christabel (vet) just after 6 as he is not eating or moving and is hunched in the corner, she told me to give him baytril, metacam and maxolon myself as that is all she would do if i took him down to the surgery.

I have just been to my mums go give him the meds and he doesn't look good at all, his eyes are dull, he is barely moving and won't eat, he is also a bun that doesn't like to be handled really but didn't move a muscle when i picked him up and gave him all the meds, also his little nose wasn't even moving (which it normally does whenever you have to pick him up)

i felt all his tummy and it is soft, no hards lumps or anything and tried to have a listen and there are sort of gasy sounds, in fact i would call them sort of fizzy like a lemonade bottle does when you shake it if that makes sense?

He is just lying flat and just sort of flopped on me when i picked him up can we do anything else for him?

Christabel is not on call tonight, so it will be a non rabbit savvy vet if we have to go emergency tonight otherwise she said if he is the same she will see him tomorrow, don't know what to do for him i have never experienced gasy sort of tum before (if thats what it is)

Last edited:
My mums bun Richie is not well at all :cry:
I spoke to Christabel (vet) just after 6 as he is not eating or moving and is hunched in the corner, she told me to give him baytril, metacam and maxolon myself as that is all she would do if i took him down to the surgery.

I have just been to my mums go give him the meds and he doesn't look good at all, his eyes are dull, he is barely moving and won't eat, he is also a bun that doesn't like to be handled really but didn't move a muscle when i picked him up and gave him all the meds, also his little nose wasn't even moving (which it normally does whenever you have to pick him up)

i felt all his tummy and it is soft, no hards lumps or anything and tried to have a listen and there are sort of gasy sounds, in fact i would call them sort of fizzy like a lemonade bottle does when you shake it if that makes sense?

He is just lying flat and just sort of flopped on me when i picked him up can we do anything else for him?

Christabel is not on call tonight, so it will be a non rabbit savvy vet if we have to go emergency tonight otherwise she said if he is the same she will see him tomorrow, don't know what to do for him i have never experienced gasy sort of tum before (if thats what it is)

Is he indoors Katie?

If not he needs to be and he also needs to be on a heatpad of some sort.
I am very surprised that Christabel did not see him :?

Is he indoors Katie?

If not he needs to be and he also needs to be on a heatpad of some sort.
I am very surprised that Christabel did not see him :?

Yes he is inside, will tell her to give him a hot water bottle in a towel as she doesn't have a heatpad.

I really sorry I don't know what to suggest Katie I'm afraid, but sending lots of vibes for Richie & your mum xxx

thanks everyone, thank you Jane for your help especially.

It is a total un savvy vet on tonight (i have just called) so we are going to have to do the best we can until the morning, he is indoors going into the small indoor cage with Phoebe now and on a hot water bottle, they are going to get some gripe water now to see if that will help, i am praying he makes it through the night :cry:

Katie if you need a snugglesafe, gripe water or anything please shout.

I do hope Richie starts to pick up shortly.

thanks everyone, thank you Jane for your help especially.

It is a total un savvy vet on tonight (i have just called) so we are going to have to do the best we can until the morning, he is indoors going into the small indoor cage with Phoebe now and on a hot water bottle, they are going to get some gripe water now to see if that will help, i am praying he makes it through the night :cry:

I wish I could do more Katie.

xx

orgent help and vibes please

This sounds very much like ME (mucroid enteritis)really needs to be got to a vet ASAP:cry:

He has had his gripe water and Phoebe is looking after him giving him a wash :love:
He has just done 2 flat wet looking poos and nibbled a little treat (in my mums words!) so hopefully this is a good sign.
thanks for all the vibes xx

Back