• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit of advice please

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Been bonding a rabbit into a trio and all went well. Unfortunately the single seems to be getting picked on and this morning when i went to feed them he had bites on him. These were proper bites and one quite nasty one. I have brought him back inside with us as i dont want to leave him in there as he's being so badly bullied. People who have experience with bonding etc - do y ou think this is maybe an unsuccessful one? or sh ould i try later. The single one is a very sweet and a bit timid one and i think this is just going to knock his confidence. I dont want him to be on his own as he is so sweet and would do great with another bun to snuggle as he loves this but i dont want him being bullied like this. A ny helpful advice would be great thanks

I have never bonded a trio. But I suspect in bonding a single into a established pair it will always be difficult, due to the bond of the pair.

I think I would let single bun heal, then try once more, if that doesn't work then go for another bun to pair with him.

ETA, once in a pair you could always try to bond into another foursome

I probably niaevely (sp) thought bonding him with the other three would be fairly straighforward as was the case the last time i did it.

Awwww, is this Rupert, Nicki? :( Are you bonding him with your 3? How long had they been together before the biting?

I have absolutely no experience - I bonded Alfie and Bubbles and that turned me grey :shock: but hopefully you'll get some good advice.

it is im afraid :( They h ad been in for a good couple weeks i think (im terrible with times). They all seem to have a bit of a go at him unfortunately. They accepted elliot right away so i just assumed they would do the same here :(

:(:(:( Awww, what a shame. I think you've done the right thing to bring him in for now - maybe they need longer together in a neutral area if you try again? Were they bonded indoors and did the problems only start when you moved them back outside?

Back