• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad tempered bunny

Amsy1991

Mama Doe
Well, I suppose she's not really that bad, but she's getting a little naughty.
When you pick her up she might growl at you, or if you go to stroke her. And when you're holding her she might start to bite you clothes, or if you hold her even longer she might start to bite you. She's impatient too, apart from with the food. Binky is the dominant one between the two, but then Katie gets bad tempered with humans. She's fine to pick up, doesn't squirm or anything. But then she gets almost...annoyed about it? I'm not sure what to do with it, whenever you go near her there's a risk she'll lunge or try and nip you. Not all the time, but often enough for it to be a bit of a problem. Binky's fine as usual.

Oh also, she likes to scratch at things. Often 'digs' into the hay, getting it all over the place. She also likes to grab it in her mouth and throw it all over the place.

She's been spayed as well.

sounds much like Sparkle.
She will nip me if I have my hands near the floor in HER kitchen or near HER space (which can also mean the boys' shed).
She is extremely territorial.
The way I deal with it is to gently push her nose towards the floor as I clean up around her (she lunges for me as I clean up her loose droppings) or if I have to get her food bowl etc.
when she's in my arms and I'm afraid she might just give me a nip I tend to stroke her nose as this seems to disarm her.
Never had this with my boys so it's a new thing to me. I just think she's a little madam but love her for it (apart from when she nipped my ankle last night as I was in HER kitchen)

sounds much like Sparkle.
She will nip me if I have my hands near the floor in HER kitchen or near HER space (which can also mean the boys' shed).
She is extremely territorial.
The way I deal with it is to gently push her nose towards the floor as I clean up around her (she lunges for me as I clean up her loose droppings) or if I have to get her food bowl etc.
when she's in my arms and I'm afraid she might just give me a nip I tend to stroke her nose as this seems to disarm her.
Never had this with my boys so it's a new thing to me. I just think she's a little madam but love her for it (apart from when she nipped my ankle last night as I was in HER kitchen)

Yes they sound very much alike. :roll::lol:
Thats a good idea, the nose thing I mean. :) Yeah we love her the way she is, just could do without the occasional nip. :roll: She's being a good girl now, hopping around and letting me pick her up. I guess she has her moments.
x

again sounds just like Sparkle. Some times she's charming and lovely and other times a little devil.
And when she nips it really hurts!
I am trying to remind her that I am boss by pushing her nose gently to the floor and it does work. I do have to hold her there though as I clean up as if I let her go she just lunges at me again.
Try it and see how it goes.

ooh just seen the bit about throwing hay - Sparkle does that also and she has been spayed so it's not that

Back