• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jean Doe at the vets again!!!!!

I've just had another frustrating day with my beautiful little white 1 yr old bun, Jean. Found her this morning inside, with loose stools caked to her bottom, (instead of normal pellet poo). Picked her up and she was slightly 'floppy'. She could sit up, but in the car preferred to lay on her side.

Ugh! She has been eating, drinking and voiding normally up till this morning. The vets took blood, gave her fluids under the skin, and some herbivore criticare formula. She did eat grass and took the syringed formula and was a little better when i took her home.
The blood however came back with raised CK levels, (creatinine kinase for the biochemists and vets out there). The blood's have not all come back and the vet is not jumping to any conclusions but suggests it is something neurological.
She had a bout of 'floppy rabbit syndrome' in February and completely recovered after the same sort of treatment, (took 24 hours).
What a high maintenance girly! Does anyone have any suggestions for me. The vet did think that maybe moving a new flatmate into my large house might have put her nose out of joint but is not so sure after the bloods.
She was spayed ten days ago and seemed to have recovered normally,
help.....

Back