• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peggy Sue has been admitted with bloat/ getting worried now

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(:(

She didn't seem quite right last night so gave her the usual stuff. I checked on her a couple of times in the night and she was washing and drinking etc. This morning her stomach was very distended so the vets saw her right away. I am just waiting for the vets to ring with the x-ray results :?

Peggy Sue is an old girl, she has dental problems and a long coat so don't know if that could be the cause :?

Please could you spare a few vibes for her this morning

Last edited:
I always have vibes to spare for a bloated bun :cry: Sending lots of vibes for her and hoping she begins improving soon x

Not sure if this is good or bad news :?

Peggy Sue's stomach is severely swollen with food not gas. I did think this was the case this morning as it was too soft for gas, but I have only ever seen a stomach that swollen with gas in the past :? There is no obvious obstruction on the x-ray

This now makes me wonder if she has a problem with her pyloris having gone through a similar thing with Leon. His stomach was never as swollen as Peggy's but being a big bunny it may not have looked the same :?

She is being kept in to be monitored and given all the usual meds. They wanted to give her IV fluids but her veins are too tiny, so she is just having SC fluids for now.

I will ring up again at teatime for more info

Just spoken to a vet and there is no change in her condition :( She has made no attempt to eat and drink for herself and her stomach is still really full. :cry::cry:

Thank you, I really thought there would be some improvement with the meds by now :(

Their main concern at the moment is that the food in her stomach will ferment over night and cause true bloat. With her stomach already hugely distended this doesn't bear thinking about :cry:

I can't help but fear the worst for her. If that does happen that will mean we have lost the equivalent of a rabbit every week for 2 months :cry: There is no way we can carry on with what we are doing if things don't improve, we are emotional wrecks:cry::cry:

Liz I am so sorry that Peggy Sue is so poorly :cry: Sending lots of vibes for your wee girl & hugs for you & Steve xxx

I was expecting it to be better news when I checked back on this thread.
Sending loads of vibes for Peggy Sue.

I can't imagine how you cope with everything emotionally. You just have to keep thinking of all the buns that you have helped and loved. Some of them have never known what it is like to be loved or cared for, but you give them that.
Will be thinking about you :cry:

Back