• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits and cats and litter trays

mum2buns

Warren Scout
I am going for 2 in one - hope you don't mind.
Has anyone introduced a very dominant bun (like Sparkle) to a kitten (of the cat variety) and it has worked or would I be better not doing this? Keep thinking I want a cat.
Also - does anyone have a covered litter tray for their indoor buns and do they use it? Again just wondering if Sparkle would use one as I think it might be nicer than an open one but not sure she'd like it. :wave:

I know most buns like to go in the darker areas of their territory, my out doors do which is a pain to get to. Sophie used to go right under the stairs when she was indoors.

Have you tried using the travel box, seeing how much Sparkle likes it, then buying a indoor litter try. Just thinking it would be a waste of money if you bought one and she didn't use it.

As for bunnies and cats, I dunno. My rabbits are outside, and the cat is going to be inside until she is spayed. I can't wait. And say people on here have pointed out kittens require a lot of human time, so if your still working those long hours then consider a young cat, which is what we have done, she is 2 years old :)

How are your rabble?

thanks for that. I don't work long hours just 3 days a week so would have time for a cat I think and my son is often home and he would love one (he's 17)
I was just a bit worried as Sparkle is now inside again and I didn't want to upset her or for her to get too territorial with a kitten. The reason I say kitten is there is one that is available that NEEDS me (or so I keep telling OH). Never thought I could have a cat as I had allergies to them but recent allergy test showed I wasn't allergic any more.
Tyson and Bruno still live outside (although visit inside) and Sparkle visits them. it seems to work fine

Back