• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Wee on Carpet

NLENG2000

Mama Doe
Does anyone have any great tips for getting dried wee of carpets? My foster house bun had a couple of accidents overnight so I wasnt around to clear them up quickly! I tried 1001 and that hasnt worked, any other tips?

I have yet to find anything that will actually get the discolouration out from urine that has dried. Not even steam cleaning!! You can use a detergent and bicorbonate of soda mix to try and get it up, but it hasn't worked for me when it comes to stains!

For anyone else reading this thread Abi's suggestion of 50% white wine vinegar and 50% water worked an absolute treat! Can't see the stains on the carpet anymore. Fantastic, thanks Abi!:D

For anyone else reading this thread Abi's suggestion of 50% white wine vinegar and 50% water worked an absolute treat! Can't see the stains on the carpet anymore. Fantastic, thanks Abi!:D

Does it have to be actual white wine vinegar, as opposed to ordinary white vinegar... Sorry, just I don't know if there is any difference :oops: i use ordinary white vinegar, but it white wine vinegar is something different i'm going to rush out and buy some!!

biological washing powder and bicarbonate of soda, mix to a paste, apply it to the stain, leave for ten mins and clean off.

may bleach your carpets a little so test in a corner first ;)

Back