• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Swaying of the head?

Amsy1991

Mama Doe
One of the babies, Neala, has blue eyes with red instead of black. When she's sitting still she'll sway her head side to side slowly, but I have no idea why. The other two don't do this, they both have brown eyes, so I was just wondering why she did it? Anyone know?
x

It is called 'scanning' and is done by bunnies with poor eyesight, usually red eyed whited, when they are trying to focus on an object nearby.

My Pep does the scanning, she is fine and healthy but does tend to get herself into trouble freeranging as she has to smell things etc.. to get a better look of them, sometimes getting scratches from sticking out things her mummy should have moved. :oops: She also struggles to get along with any other rabbit bar her husbun as she can't see who they are and where are coming from so she is always defensive towards them.

My old bun Tilly always used to do that, she had one ear higher up than the other so her head slightly tilted, she'd spend most of the day slowly moving her head watching things.

She is fine! It is absolutely normal :) (if there is such a thing as a 'normal' bunny :lol::lol:)

Ah thats good then! Thank you :lol:
And very true, none of the rabbits we've had are remotely normal :roll:;)

She seems okay, just sometimes doesn't realise how close you are and jumps. Maybe it'd be best if we could rehome them altogether, or maybe i she could go with one of them, they seem to get on fine at the moment. :)

yeah i heard ear infections do that too so if she has always done it i wouldnt worry but if its out of the blue then she might have ear probs!

Back