• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shall I bother trying again?

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
Before we lost Harry I tried to bond Charlie and Mocha with Harry and Milly. This was going really, really well until Milly went for Mocha and they ended up on their sides kicking lumps out of each other.

Now it will be Milly going in with Charlie and Mocha on her own will it be different? Will she be needing rabbit company or will the two girls still go for each other? Milly really loved Charlie would that have made Mocha a bit 'get away from my husbun'?

Thinking about trying tomorrow, any advice would be great. :wave:

I will be trying the bathroom this time for the neutral space as last time it was a enclosed bit of the kitchen.

I'll be trying as soon as I have walked the dog. :shock: Wish me luck. :D

Nope no goer, Mocha laid into Milly straight away. I kept with it up until 10 mins ago but they were still locking horns. Everytime Milly even put her head down towards Mocha, Mocha would go for her. I tried, now I know. Mocha doesn't want more female friends.

Plan B then husbun for Milly. :D

Have you got room for three of them in a travel box??

I took the two girlies that I have at the minute on a carrier ride up the stairs and back again, which together with spraying with water and mushy banana puree over them, seemed to work.

You need to give it more than 10 minutes

I have a cat carrier but its out in the shed and they are that bad I can't leave them for a couple of mins. I've kept with it for an hour plus now, but Mocha just won't leave the wild eye look, she is in constant attack mode.

I would be tempted to seperate for a few minutes, to get the carrier. Take them on a shared scary moment. I ran up the stairs, so it was rather scary. Empty them back into the bonding area.

Whilst they were still recovering from that I sprayed them with water, (spray can of the house plant variety) which made them more interested in grooming themselves.

You could also try a dab of essentail oil on each of their noses, they then can't smell the others scent and find the other bun less of a threat.

Do you only need to have a neutral room for bonding? Or if you have successfully bonded two rabbits do they then have to live in a new neutral area rather than an area where one or both have previously occupied?

Do you only need to have a neutral room for bonding? Yes, most successful bonds use a neutral area, ideally where neither bun has been before. You do only need a small area of around 2ft x 2ft caged off, to bond the rabbits.Or if you have successfully bonded two rabbits do they then have to live in a new neutral area rather than an area where one or both have previously occupied?Newly bonded rabbits can go back to living in a area where one bun previously lived. However, you NEED to netralise this too. White vinegar and water solution to clean every inch of hutch and run toys and litter trays

i hope this helps

Shame your so far, other wise I would offer. I have just successfully bonded two girls who apparently took a dislike to each other

Yeh my girls gave me loads of grief too but they love eachother now. Maybe a husband is a good idea if thats what you want :)

Some people dont like the idea of this but i bathed my first thing in the morning and towel dried them keeping them indoors warm so the are distracted and dont smell terriotorial, i swear it helped especially with the girls.

Back