• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aubrey has just disconnected our telephones...

bunnyhopper

Mama Doe
Eating lunch, and all the telephones go 'ding'... usually a sign of a power cut.
But the cause of this power cut was Aubrey, who had jumped in through the open door, and chewed through both the power cable and the telephone cable.:shock::roll: We are phoneless at the mo....

Good job hubby is a dab hand with a soldering iron.

Oh, and Aubrey is running round the lawn in obvious delight at his new found clever trick... and is banished to stay outside until we rabbit proof all cables.
It is a good job the phone power cable is a low-voltage one, or he might have fried his whiskers.

Lol. I am sure rabbits are devious and plan these events. I have lost 3 webcams, 1 mouse, 1 extension lead and a speaker system even though I thought I had bunny proofed the cables...

Smudge is the worst as she works out how to get over the bunny proofing.... and then teaches the others!!!!

i've only lost three phones and a music system, unless you count wall paper and a corner of my new carpet.

Its lucky we love them. I had a house rabbit called Mushroom. He was a wire seeking missile. He ate through 6 phone lines in a year. I even bought the same phone so my OH didnt know he had done it again. He ate the speaker cables, cushions, wallpaper, the kitchen chairs, the curtains!The couch! Long after he died i was moving our large wooden kitchen table and underneath was covered in bunny teeth marks and chewed away! He must have climbed on the chairs and ate the table from underneath! He ran through any door that was opened for even a second and made a bee line for anything he shouldnt chew! Im sure he did it deliberatley. I have a video of him battering round the living room and when i heard a chew noise coming from behind the sofa i shouted "Mushroom" he came bombing out and binkeyed for the olympics in pure defiance! I had to redecorate once he moved into the garden! Still loved him to bits tho! :lol:

Back