• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had a bad experience at vets today

willowholly

Mama Doe
Took B & Dill to vets for their myxy jabs & MOT.Went to a new vets practice so everything was new anyway,they even inject differently to our vets-putting some in ear vein & rest in neck.They did B 1st,she was so good as she always is at vets cos shes scared.They looked at her teeth,listened to her chest,carryed her in the back room to weigh her,cut her claws,jabbed her-no problem.Dill was sat cowering in carrier waiting his turn.He let me lift him out,no trouble.As soon as vet went near him to check his teeth,he struggled,ended up doing back flips,crying.He landed on his back with such a wollop,took us all by surprise.Other dwarves we've had acted like this at vets but as ive only had placid frenchies the last 10years I forgot what it was like.This is exactly what happened to my 1st bun who broke her back which is why I dont pick up my buns.Im surprised he came out of the vets without something broken.Back at home he seems fine,its Barley that seems to be traumatised,along with us & the vet.feel all shook up.It brought back many memories of this vets & how I had to have my bun PTS.It was no bodys fault,we just weren't prepared for that reaction.He had his jab but we couldn't do anything else,didn't want to stress him anymore.:(

awww what an awful scare after already having such a bad experience... if it helps Alvin has jumped over Ste's shoulder hit the wall then floor with no lasting ill effects, except possibly hating humans that bit more :roll:

when you know you have a jumpy bun at least the vet knows to do treatment on the floor or lap from then on :D

glad all is ok :wave::wave:

All is ok & nice to see Dills confidence with us hasn't been battered by the experience!He was fine as soon as he got home,it was B who seemed to go into shock!!Both are fine today though.:)

Pleased to hear that he's okay. Bramble jumped off the vet's table the first time I took him. I was so worried, but it didn't seem to affect him at all!

Back