• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any one have experience with fitting bunnys- *U/D*

deja224

Alpha Buck
Not sure if this will make sense so please bare with me!

Went to collect our rabbit from her holiday home she has alot of medical problems and beause of this she has had fits, the most she had is one or two a week but when i was away she had a few 3 or 4.she was very exsited to see me and was fine then she bit me it was a nasty bite, thought she was just stressed and she would be ok, got home and she was spraying me and grunting at me (never done this before) i went to refill her feed bowl this morning and she got really angry and had the worst fit i have seen, since then she is pulling her fur out to the point of making her self bleed and she just wont settle.

Got vets later not sure what to do till then so worried wish i didn't leave her :cry:

Last edited:
what medical problems does she have? it could be the stress of moving around has caused the extra fits adn once home they may settle. it could be they havent adminsitered her meds correctly? could be needs additional pain relief?
nuerological bunny problems are hard to do to much about i would pm hugos there liz her sanctury is full of various disablility buns she will be more help xx

she has brain damage, nerve damge which affects her back legs, she is blind there are lots of things she is still undergoing tests, she has just had another fit we are trying to keep her calm but she has gone off her food vet said it isnt look to hopful :(

she has brain damage, nerve damge which affects her back legs, she is blind there are lots of things she is still undergoing tests, she has just had another fit we are trying to keep her calm but she has gone off her food vet said it isnt look to hopful :(

stupid question prehaps but has she been treated with a 28day course of pannacur?

I've had rabbits fit with e.cuniculi, really I'm bumping this up for you maybe someone knows more about 'fitting buns'.
I do hope she will be ok, sending loads of vibes for her.

no shes not we have tried but the vets said she wont make it through coul that be part of the problem

Her aggression and grunting/spraying are probably hormone driven. Some epileptiform seizures are hormone sensitive and worsen at puberty or in a Does case when she is induced to ovulate.
I had a Buck who developed epilepsy at puberty. His seizures became more managable after he was castrated. He lived for 7.5 years and had at least one seizure every few days during that time. But before castration he had numerous seizures a day

she is a old ish rabbit and has fits since the first day we had her, with the grunting she does it all the time even at her food bowl the dogs ect, she is normally vocal but gets worse with the number of fits she has, will tell the vet what u have told me

she is a old ish rabbit and has fits since the first day we had her, with the grunting she does it all the time even at her food bowl the dogs ect, she is normally vocal but gets worse with the number of fits she has, will tell the vet what u have told me

As she is an older unspayed Doe metastatic disease from Uterine Carcinoma needs to be considered.

sadly moo will have to be pts this week as vet says it looks to be a tumor im waiting for my vet to come back from hols as she knows her and it will be less stress for her :cry:

there is a mass in her tummy and one behind her eye which is alot bigger its causing her eye to swell :cry: im so upset shes my number one bunny she comes to work with me every day be lost without her

Back