• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried about marco U/D BAD NEWS

teresateddyb

Warren Scout
hi ya im worried about my standard rex marco he hasnt eaten alot since last night ive put a apple tree branch in his hutch and he showed no interest in it i also put a sprig of mint in again no interest hes hardly drunk anything and is just layin down on his belly sprawled out i have given him some belly rubs and hes quite feisty in my arms he is now in the run but again is just layin down do you think he needs to see the vet

teresa

Last edited:
We all can see when our buns arent being themselves, if you are getting really worried then i would take a trip to the vets for a checkup just incase...
i hope his ok xx

Agree he needs a vet, and the sooner he sees one the higher chance they will have of helping/saving him. Not eatign in a rabbit is very serious. If you take him today you can see a rabbit-savvy vet - when Noah wasn't eating much it was the weekend and the vets on duty were either non-rabbit savvy or non-rabbit -savvy plus had put two of my family's rabbits to sleep when I was younger :cry:

bad news im afraid hes dental and needs to go in asap trouble is money is tight right now and they want to charge between 100.00 and 150.00 :shock: hubbies not pleased and i just dont know what to do :( i know it needs to be done but i dont have any family to borrow that sort of money from and i dont have a credit card neither does hubbie we are not allowed them

teresa

bad news im afraid hes dental and needs to go in asap trouble is money is tight right now and they want to charge between 100.00 and 150.00 :shock: hubbies not pleased and i just dont know what to do :( i know it needs to be done but i dont have any family to borrow that sort of money from and i dont have a credit card neither does hubbie we are not allowed them

teresa

Can your vets let you do a monthly payment plan where you pay it off in stages?

phoned animal ark they cant see him until tomorrow afternoon and if he needs to go in it will be an over night stay another 30.00 plus i cant collect him on thursday as i have a coach trip booked to go chessington with the kids which i cant get out of as i lose over 100.00 there nightmare my 2 local vets dont do payment plans

teresa

phoned animal ark they cant see him until tomorrow afternoon and if he needs to go in it will be an over night stay another 30.00 plus i cant collect him on thursday as i have a coach trip booked to go chessington with the kids which i cant get out of as i lose over 100.00 there nightmare my 2 local vets dont do payment plans

teresa

Could a friend or family member collect him?

Well could your Family take the kids to Chessington and you stay at home to be there for your Rabbit who relies on you too.

Back