• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ralph wasn't his usual self this morning U/D safe woohoo

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
went out to feed my babies and usually ralph is sitting on top of his house waitig for me looking all cute, but he wasn't there this morning so looked down and in and nowhere to be seen. seen his head poking out of the house. of course my heart is thumping, so went in to see him and he just thumped and backed further into the house.
Fed ted and petal then went in to see what the score was, had to lift the house out of the road to get him out, seen he was walking fine so put it back and he went straight back into it. he hadn't finished his diner from last night, he ate two treats from me and i went out to check him 10minutes later and he still hadn't touched his pellets. so i fed him so grass which he ate and placed his bowl beside the entrance of the house.
sorry for this long thread but just concerned about him, hopefully the grass will encourage him to eat. but it's as if something has scared him not to come out. i wonder did ted say something nasty to him and thats why he won't come out. i don't know it's very strange for him. hopefully he's alright when ian checks on him at tea time for me.

Last edited:
It's so scary when they act different to normal. I wish they could tell us what was wrong it would save a lot of worry! Fingers crossed everything is ok! xx

i know was really off for him. i thought he was actually dead at first, then when i ruled that out thought he'd hurt himself, so now thats ruled out, his tummy was soft too. i'll be worrying about him all day now. :(

Hiding and acted scared can be due to pain as well as fear. I would advise a vet trip today, especially as he is not eating normally as well. He could be in the early stages of gut stasis for instance.
If it was simply something had frightened him I would expect the others to be acting nervous as well.

i kow i'm sort of thinking about taking a two hour lunch as i'm really not sure i could get a half day. i'm seriously concerned about him. he has done this before with not eating much but usually picks up but he's never hid before. so hard to know as i don't want to stress him any further with a 20minute drive to the vets. he looked bright and there was no teeth grinding. i sometimes think he has a bad memory, don't why theres just been occassions where i think he's forgotten where he is. i wonder do buns get flash backs?

i kow i'm sort of thinking about taking a two hour lunch as i'm really not sure i could get a half day. i'm seriously concerned about him. he has done this before with not eating much but usually picks up but he's never hid before. so hard to know as i don't want to stress him any further with a 20minute drive to the vets. he looked bright and there was no teeth grinding. i sometimes think he has a bad memory, don't why theres just been occassions where i think he's forgotten where he is. i wonder do buns get flash backs?

If you can get out of works and get him to a vets I would book an appointment now.
When mango had stasis the first sign was her hiding away and not coming out when I opened the door (she is always ready to come out and bites the bars impatiently).

Not to worry you but I once had a bun who seemed scared and didn't come for food as normal. She was hopping around though so I thought it would be ok until tomorrow. I though she had been scared by a fox or something. Sadly the next day it was too late and she had passed on.

Best to put your mind at rest.

i know i worked out my hours there and can take a two hour lunch, hopefully he'll have eaten by the time i get home. it's hard being so far away from them :( wish i only worked round the corner. aw fingers crossed he's all good.

i know i worked out my hours there and can take a two hour lunch, hopefully he'll have eaten by the time i get home. it's hard being so far away from them :( wish i only worked round the corner. aw fingers crossed he's all good.

I know. I often work 11-12 hours shifts. At lot can happen to a bun in that time. I'm gonna look into setting up a bunnycam so I can keep a sneaky eye on them :)

Thinking about you! Hope he's hopping around saying "Whats up mum??" when you get home! Let us know how you get on xx

will do thanks guys. he's usualy so happy to see me and hungry too lol he's always eating. i gave him a peace of carrot yesterday which he hasn't eaten in a while and i'm just wondering if thats upset him. aw my poor baby.

i feel so sick, my husband said he'd call round for me as he's ten minutes away. but i'm on age as he won't be checking till 1.00. :(:(:(

i know how you feel my marco was like this this morning fingers crossed for you i have marco in the run at the mo so i can keep an eye on him

teresa

well we're reasonably safe. he's eaten a bit out of his bowl but husband gave him loads of grass which he's munching away on and he's back to sitting up on top of his house beside teddy so woohoo, think he's just having an off day from his pellets.

aw thankyou so much orange, yeah he just has notions of getting sick of eating pellets and i really can't blame him but he needs them to put weight on lol. aw he had me so worried. husband is going to give him more grass when he gets home.

Thats really good news! Glad he is ok! I hope you will have a word with him when you get home for worrying you so much! :no::no:

Back