• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering turns nice bunny into

Lillian

Warren Veteran
a guard dog :?

I started off with a sweet quiet little boy, got him neutered so he could be bonded.. several weeks after hes all healed up and meant to be calming down - not that he was hormonal beforehand - he starts getting slightly grumpy, then starts growling, throwing himself at people biting and scratching.. Does it to any and every human and animal that goes anywhere near him. Whats happening? :shock::(

Last edited:
a guard dog :?

I started off with a sweet quiet little boy, got him neutered so he could be bonded.. several weeks after hes all healed up and meant to be calming down - not that he was hormonal beforehand - he starts getting slightly grumpy, then starts growling, throwing himself at people biting and scratching.. Does it to any and every human and animal that goes anywhere near him. Whats happening? :shock::(

Could he be in pain? I would have a vet check him over. :wave:

as said it could be pain related. It is worth while getting him check out just in case. Usually as well it takes a little while for the hormones to fall. Normally that will be a gradual fall in aggression but if you got him done quite early you could be having the beginnings of teenage strops which will hopefully subside.

If you vet rules out anything like teeth that could be causing him pain then try going back to basics and treating him like a new bunny i.e. small steps to get him to gain your trust again.

Beau went a bit like that, like every time you went near him he thought you were gonna take him back to the vet, so he went mental. If you rule out there being anything wrong with him, he might just be a little wary about having to go thru that pain again. Poor buns don't realise they only have one set of plums :lol:

Back