• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does this mean?

drboo

Mama Doe
What does it mean if you take your bunny into new surroundings, and instead of running round like usual, she jumps into your lap of her own free will and stays there for ages? And her husbun was in the same place running round. I think I know, but am hoping for confirmation. Thanks :wave:

I don't know. Unless I offer them food, my bunnies ignore/avoid me. I suppose your bunster loves you and feels safe with you. :)

What does it mean if you take your bunny into new surroundings, and instead of running round like usual, she jumps into your lap of her own free will and stays there for ages? And her husbun was in the same place running round. I think I know, but am hoping for confirmation. Thanks :wave:

You should see our nervous rescue girl at the vets! She has literally launched herself several feet off the examining table into my unsuspecting arms! :lol: This is a rabbit who hates to be touched or picked up her fear of people is so strong....except when given the choice between vet and mummy....she chooses mummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! and flings herself at me :shock::D It's probably for comfort....always safe to stay with 'top bun' and the 'familiar' when you are a wabbit. :D

My buns usually dislike me and won't ever come and sit on me. But if I pick them up and bring them inside to check them over they sometimes scramble onto my lap. I think this is because
A) They don't like the floor, it's lino and slippery
B) They are unfamiliar in the surroundings
C) They know that the way back to their homes is to be carried back out there by me

I think it means she is pretty trusting of you, she knows you aren't going to hurt her and that she is just very nervous of the new surroundings.

I'd say it was a trust thing.

In unfamiliar surroundings our bunnies, especially Cookie and also Frosty when he was with us, would become soppy and not leave our side. At the vets they would leap into our arms and want a cuddle.... sometimes you have to catch them as they leap though as they are a little too enthusiastic.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's all bunny love.

I'd guess at bunny trusting you and seeking reassurance. Mine try a similar trick at the vets. I try and put them on the table and they instantly all turn into cuddle bunnies who try and climb back into my arms or into my clothing.

My foster bunnies, Meg and Mog, do this when they go to the vets :) When the vet is trying to examine them, they always jump up onto my chest/shoulder :lol: :? Lottie also does it when she goes to the vets :)

I guess they feel safe with you :) xXx

Ogs was exactly the same thing when we went to the vets.
He snuggled into my arm and then settled himself there :love::lol:

when i took ruben to bond with havana, we put them on the floor at same time, and they met nose to nose, then he suddenly lept onto my lap and hid his head in my armpit, he was just scared i think or nervous and sought comfort :love:

Back