• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting leaving a bald patch ?!

Charys

Mama Doe
Mint has been moulting frantically this last few days, he has been losing the longer hairs (sort of agouti stripe on them) pver his face, and leaving a much thinner downier summer fur. This has made his face look much darker, as the fur left behind is dark brownish grey, but on a patch above his nose the fur fell out and left a totally bald patch this afternoon. Can this happen ? I feel somewhat responsible as I was grooming him at the time and gently pulled the fur ontop of his nose (which he loves!) and it came out in a chunk.:shock:

My Zola has also been moulting a lot this last week and his fur is coming out in chunks. I've been grooming him and helping the fur out - he seems to like it, I don't think its anything to worry about. On Sunday I had collected a whole handfull of fur and he's only a small bunny :D

OK thanks, just wondered if he should have a bald patch ? I guess time will tell, if the fur grows back ?

Back