• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the magic of porridge

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
i can't believe the difference a bowl of porridge a night has made to mowgli in just over 3weeks, can no longer feel his ribs, his spine isn't showing as much and his fur is growing back, and he has a tail again, ive stopped giving him his urinary incontinance medicine as i jsut felt it wasn't really helping him, he looks forward to his porridge at night, i have to move him aaway from rosie soo she doesn't know:D

I give it to Squidgy made with boiled water, then let it cool.
He loves it!
It does work wonders - Squidgy is looking very healthy at the moment, and is quite upset he can't have his porridge any more!

Glad he is gaining weight nicely :) Nice to hear some good news :D

Porridge really helped Eddie at first too Liz! I just give a teaspoonful soaked in warm water, as it's very starchy and sticky so only a little should be given to avoid gut problems. I wouldn't give it dry as buns guts need to be moist to work properly and if the oats soak up water from the guts then there's a risk that the bun could go into stasis. If the bun is used to fruit you can also mash a little banana or apple into it, but again only in small quantities. They seem to love it and I agree, it's a really good way of helping poorly buns to gain weight (under the supervision of a vet where the reasons for weight loss have been investigated) :)

he is looking fantastic, i just cannot believe the change in 3 weeks its unbelievable when i thought it was nearly his time as he was skin and bone, ive even stopped the medicine and that seems to have helped too
my cousin phoned asking how he was yesterday and she couldn't believe it :D i said he's fantastic, i give it him mixed with water, pellets, grated carrot and greens, then he has a big carrot for later :D

Back