• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP! Fidget not eating!! U/D Eating but Further Concern

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Ok in panic mode now!!!

Went to give the buns their tea and fidget just wasn't interested!! She has never done this before and always goes mad for her pellets.

However she did eat some hay and carrott when i put that in so not sure whether to be worried or not. I did wonder if it was the quality of the pellets as i am at the bottom of a 10kg bag (Wagg) so they are quite old but they did have some SS in too but she didn't bother with them either. I have a fresh bag i will open and see if she will eat them.

Should i be worried??

Last edited:
I would bring her in a monitor her poos an to see if she eats her pellets. If not I'd take to the vet to be treated for GI stasis.
Hopefully as she has some inerest in her food this is not the case.
X x x

Hi, not sure what her poos are like as she is in the shed and its hard to tell. I was going to bring her in and set her up in a pen so i can monitor her. Should i bring Frankie in too do you think? Although he has had his fill of pellets for the day!

God i hope its not stasis!!!! She has eaten hay, carrott, brocoli, a banana treat and grass, just not pellets which is unusual for her. I did try her with some fro the new bag too and no luck :(

Hi, not sure what her poos are like as she is in the shed and its hard to tell. I was going to bring her in and set her up in a pen so i can monitor her. Should i bring Frankie in too do you think? Although he has had his fill of pellets for the day!

God i hope its not stasis!!!! She has eaten hay, carrott, brocoli, a banana treat and grass, just not pellets which is unusual for her. I did try her with some fro the new bag too and no luck :(

I would jut bring Fidget in so you don't mix up whos poo is who.

Not sure it could be stasis as she has eating... did she eat it happily?

I would jut bring Fidget in so you don't mix up whos poo is who.

Not sure it could be stasis as she has eating... did she eat it happily?
.i thought it would be better with the two in for support, but for monitoring the poo then this seems much more sensible!

Last edited:
Personally I try not to seperate bonded pairs if at all possible as stress alone can exacerbate GI problems.
Are you familiar with what her abdomen normally feels like?

Fidget's poos have always been much smaller than Frankie's so can tell the difference. Have brought them both in as i don't really want to separate.

Yes she is eating very happily. Scoffs down everything except her pellets :?

She is acting her normal bouncy self too

Am very confused!!

Have to say I go into initial panic mode when by buns turn their noses up at food as normally they're waiting eagerly too!

As she has still eaten I wouldn't have moved her indoors as sometimes the stress of a change can do more harm than good, and I'd never separate a pair for the same reason.

For peace of mind do you have some Infacol in? If I'm worried I give a few ml of Infacol, do some gentle tummy rubs and put the pair out for a run in the garden. If they're in trouble they will tend to find somewhere to hide rather than run around like normal.

If she's just eaten then calm down! Give her an hour and try her again with her favourites. Only if she's refusing completely or pressing her tummy to the ground or hunching or generally acting out of sorts do you need to take action.

Hope she starts munching soon!

Many of my Dental Buns will go off their pellets before anything else when they have too long/sharp/spurred teeth. So if she continues to refuse pellets I'd get your Vet to check her over.

Many of my Dental Buns will go off their pellets before anything else when they have too long/sharp/spurred teeth. So if she continues to refuse pellets I'd get your Vet to check her over.

Thanks, thought it could possibly be her teeth. Hope not though.

No poos or pellet eating yet (though Frankie hasn't poo'd since being indoors either) she has eaten some apple though. It is odd how she is very enthusiastic about all her food except pellets.

Yay! We have poos, and lots of them. I assume that means her digestive system is functioning as normal so that isn't the problem. So it may well be teeth, if anything. Will try her with pellets again later tonight and again in the morning and if nothing will book her in for her teeth to be checked

eric went off his pellets big time recently - warning sign he needs a trip to the bunny dentist. may be the same for fidget:)

Thanks for all your input guys.

I m pleased to say that she has eaten some pellets this morning so must have just been having an off night!

However, something concerning has sprung to my attention. I posted a thread a cpuple of weeks ago about Fidget producing excess ceacotrophs and upon advice received was mixing her Wagg with SS kindly sent to me by Becca :)wave:). However, this morning i have noticed i huge amount of ceacotrophs in the pen. And i mean HUGE, all clumped together like dog poo! :?! I have never seen these before and I am not sure eho produced them to be honest. My instinct points to Fidget as she has always had probs with excess ceacotrophs but she had no pellets yesterday!

Oh i'm so confuddled!!

I m pleased to say that she has eaten some pellets this morning so must have just been having an off night!

However, something concerning has sprung to my attention. I posted a thread a cpuple of weeks ago about Fidget producing excess ceacotrophs and upon advice received was mixing her Wagg with SS kindly sent to me by Becca :)wave:). However, this morning i have noticed i huge amount of ceacotrophs in the pen. And i mean HUGE, all clumped together like dog poo! :?! I have never seen these before and I am not sure eho produced them to be honest. My instinct points to Fidget as she has always had probs with excess ceacotrophs but she had no pellets yesterday!

Oh i'm so confuddled!!

Caecal passing can be 24-72 hrs depending on the bunny :wave:

Oh i'm so confuddled!!

i've no idea why but i had the same with eric yesterday. 3 large loads of stuck together poo - never seen anything so big. maybe it was because he has been a greedy little piggy the last few days and it must have caught up with him:? seems absolutely fine in himself and his normal poo's etc are great (how bad does that sound - a rabbit poop scale:lol:).

i also had this happen after he had been in for his dental and castration. his gut seemed to slow down a bit - couple of days of tiny poops when he was hardly touching pellets but still munching on hay - and cardboard:roll: then he had a day of big poops (bit runnier than the ones yesterday) then back to normal:? my vet said i shouldn't be too alarmed but it is confusing as to why:?

Back