• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor rabbits exercising

CDW

Warren Scout
Hi

My two ten week old (female) dwarf lop sisters started fighting yesterday. I've had to separate them (Faith bit Ebony's ear!). I had them both at the vet for a check up today and both are fine, it's a really small bite so no harm done. However, we have had to separate them. The spare room is their room and I've divided it in half - they have half each with their own cage so are not confined to a cage. However, I was hoping to start introducing them to other areas of the house. It would have been so much easier if they were still together, but obviously this is not to be. Do I just divide the time that I have and give them equal time in the rest of the house? I also want to start getting them outside in nice weather but this is a wee bit easier as I can just have neighbouring pens (although I only have a small bit of grass). Will they be able to negotiate stairs or are they a bit young for this yet?

They will be neutered as soon as I get them done (my vet says six months, I've not had a chance to ask around elsewhere yet but will enquire). But I'm just really worried that I won't be able to rebond them afterwards. Will the fight that they have had make it difficult to rebond? I want to give them both the best home I can, but if I have two rabbits needing separate attention then it makes it difficult. Don't know what to do for the best.

Any advice would be gratefully received. Does anyone else have two indoor rabbits that are not bonded, how do you ensure they both get equal time to run around freely?

As long as you can keep them apart until they are neutered they will have completely forgotten about the fight by the time they are neutered. Hopefully after they have recovered they will rebond okay and be grateful of some company :)

I can't really say about the best way to exercise them. Obviously the more time they have the better, so if you are able to give them enough room to run around like little nutters and both be out at the same time then this is best. But if they can't really run around properly whilst both out then I guess you need to let them out one at a time so they get more room :)

Hi i have 2 sisters who fought and i seperated them for a while but kept them close together, but after they were spayed at 6 months tried re bonding them and the fights were awful, they just got worse, so was advised to split them up for good, so now one is a house bunny and the other got bonded at BARC with parsley and they are so loved up together, hope your bonding goes ok for ya though hun :)

Hi i have 2 sisters who fought and i seperated them for a while but kept them close together, but after they were spayed at 6 months tried re bonding them and the fights were awful, they just got worse, so was advised to split them up for good, so now one is a house bunny and the other got bonded at BARC with parsley and they are so loved up together, hope your bonding goes ok for ya though hun :)

Thank you - this is so difficult. If I'd known this was going to happen I would have just got one until it was neutered then attempted to bond. I thought i was doing the right thing getting two of them. Oh well you live and learn!

Twice this morning Faith has managed to get through the barrier to Ebony. Luckily both times I've caught her quickly and I've managed to secure it for now (I think).

But I just don't know what to do. My house isn't big enough to have the two housed separately. I'm now wondering whether I should try to find another home for one of them. But how would you pick which one to try and find another home for? And there's already so many rabbits out there looking for homes. And i've taken both of them on so I feel responsible for their future. Oh god!!

Or do I persevere for now and just see what happens?

Stress!!!! But maybe I'm just panicking unnecessarily...

Last edited:
Back