• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there a cheaper way to do this?

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I'm trying to work out if there is a cheaper way to buy metacam :?

We are currently spending around £70 a month just on Metacam as we use 180ml bottle every 2 weeks. I used to buy online but since the introduction of prescription charges have started buying it directly from the vets as with the prescription charge is only woks out £1 more and you don't have the hassel of waiting for the post.

The only way i can see to make it cheaper would be if the vets gave me a prescription for more than one bottle, but they wont do this as the prescription has to be made out to a named animal and a single rabbit wouldn't use that much metacam :? Is this right?

The metacam i was buying online was around £28 a bottle, does anywhere do it cheaper?

Are you buying branded metacam? What about buying unbranded meloxicam (I think meloxidyl is a generic - or certainly cheaper - one), although I'm not sure if the concentration is the same, presumably your vet can advise on the active ingredient & concentration you'd need. I've seen meloxidyl for just under £20 for 100ml on www.vetuk.co.uk

Back