• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Great opportunity ......dreadful choice.

mrshorsy

Warren Scout
Hi Guys
I havent posted for ages but I have been lurking and reading!
My DH is in the building trade and at the mo things are really bad workwise. Well he's possibly been offered the opportunity for a 2 year fixed term contract abroad which is great as it comes with accomodation and means we could rent out our place here for when we come back and hopefully things will have picked up but.. and its a big but theres no way we would be able to take Gwen and ben with us. I have asked around family and friends and there is no one bunny friendly (one frend said she had a "little hutch" they could live in but they are used to a 6x4 shed!) so it looks like I am going to have to consider rehoming which is a shame as we have only had Ben a short while and him and Gwen get on like a house on fire.
I have contacted cottonmather by PM as thats where Ben was from but I just dont know what to do. Nothing is def yet and I'm so torn between wanting it to happen as it will be a great opportunity for us as a family and feeling really bad about taking on a rescue bun and then maybe having to rehome:( This has come totally out of the blue
Shaz

Could you not possible find someone to foster for you :)

Two years may seem like a long time, but it's not really... so long as you are actually coming back :lol:

Sounds like an opportunity that you can't really afford to turn down.

Could you not possible find someone to foster for you :)

Two years may seem like a long time, but it's not really... so long as you are actually coming back :lol:

Sounds like an opportunity that you can't really afford to turn down.

Exactly thats my problem who knows what might happen after 2 years away!

Hi

sorry you have this dilemma as it does sound like as great opportunity for you:?

Reguarding your bunnies..if you can find a foster place for them please inform us of where and who
if you can't get this arranged or decide not to have them fostered then, Ben AKA Blue, would have to come back to us and of course we would take Gwen too

Thats why I PM'd Faye
DH has come home tonight and said he will know by tomorrow if it is a serious enough offer for us to consider moving! eeeek
Things moving very fast!:shock:

I would personally find a long term fosterer and open a credit account for the to use for bedding food vet bills etc.
It's up to you though - I'm sure you will make the right decision.

Back