• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To neuter or not?

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Pop my remaining dental-nethie bun is smaller than my hand. His sister was spayed & had 2 GAs for dentals. His brother had one dental GA, both buns are now at the bridge (not during dentals).

Pop has never had a dental. He is a quiet bun, & there isn't much to him.He's not lively, he just sits in a corner of his run/hutch. I have no single girlies (he lived with spayed sister until she died). The only option I could come up with was to put him in with a pair (Cracker & Missy, or Calel & Treacle) but I'm not sure Cracker would accept him:? I probably would leave him as single if he seemed vaguely happy, but he's just kind of nothing.:? He wasn't as bad when he lived with Snap - although she was:?

I have a vet's appointment Friday to see if they are happy neutering (he's seen vet before for myxi & VHD jabs & teeth check), if they aren't it won't happen. I might ask for blood tests first too.

when he was wiht other bun did he mount at all?

if not you could wait til an older submissive girl comes along for him:?

how old is he?

when he was wiht other bun did he mount at all?

if not you could wait til an older submissive girl comes along for him:?

how old is he?

under a year. He didn't mount at all. He's not had a dental yet - he's the only one, but he doesn't eat very well - but never has - so was gonna get that looked at all at same time.

All his litter mates died very young, & his mum (he's from dodgey breeder I reported to RSPCA), so I was kind of avoiding taking on another permanent if I'm gonna be back in this situation with a girlie in a few mmths - which sounds awful - but vet was surprised he's still around too.:love:

if he has to go under for a dental then I'd have him done..otherwise can he see other rabbits?

Has he a soft toy friend?

if he has to go under for a dental then I'd have him done..otherwise can he see other rabbits?

Has he a soft toy friend?

He has a door snake thing about 60times bigger than him:oops: He lives alongside whatever fosters I have in - so William now he's well into his panacur.

aww what a hard decision .. :?..i realy dont know what id do ...

its a shame we dont have a long term foster bun you could put him with ..:(

i was undecided whether to get eric done due to the health problems he'd had previously. he never got stroppy or hormonal and at this moment in time i cannot take on a girly for him anyway but eric is a very happy bun.

i did have him done a couple of weeks ago but, in all honesty, only because he really needed a dental too and my vet was pretty confident with his weight etc. it took him what seemed like ages to get back to 'normal' - very worrying - and if i had to make the decision again, unless he needed his teeth doing, i don't think i would risk it if there was even a glimmer of doubt over his health.

did he seem much happier when he had company or has he always been quiet?

i was undecided whether to get eric done due to the health problems he'd had previously. he never got stroppy or hormonal and at this moment in time i cannot take on a girly for him anyway but eric is a very happy bun.

i did have him done a couple of weeks ago but, in all honesty, only because he really needed a dental too and my vet was pretty confident with his weight etc. it took him what seemed like ages to get back to 'normal' - very worrying - and if i had to make the decision again, unless he needed his teeth doing, i don't think i would risk it if there was even a glimmer of doubt over his health.

did he seem much happier when he had company or has he always been quiet?

I think he was happier - but he is a really quiet bun anyway. My 2 single buns are the ones I spend most time with anyway (other is a foster:D), but it doesn't make up for bun company.

Angie - I did think about long-term fostering, but I would be useless & end up keeping her :oops:- although at least a spayed female will leave me with an option of bonding into a pair or a group. Hmmmmm

I think he was happier - but he is a really quiet bun anyway. My 2 single buns are the ones I spend most time with anyway (other is a foster:D), but it doesn't make up for bun company.

Angie - I did think about long-term fostering, but I would be useless & end up keeping her :oops:- although at least a spayed female will leave me with an option of bonding into a pair or a group. Hmmmmm

i think you have worked out a possible solution:D

Back