• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rain?

angelgirl

Warren Scout
Hi all

OK this question is going to sound really stupid I know but I just need reassurance I am doing OK

As most of you in the UK probably have noticed we are having some really nasty rain today. Charlie has his run with a little house for shelter but the little bun likes to sit on top of it rather than inside it :roll: - he has a cover on the top which keeps his run mainly dry and I tend to put some plastic covering down one side which keeps at least one side pretty much bone dry. Is this OK for him to be out in the rain???? Just had a downpour and he looks so sorry for himself looking around. I want him to be out in his run as I don't think its fair keeping him locked up his hutch...... or should I be :?

HELP

Beckie X

Hi I have a shed with 4 rabbits living in there, which has a small uncovered run attached. Then during the day they get free run of the garden. I generally just open the shed and let them choose, the males seems to prefer not to get wet and the females prefer the rain!

I personally think that the rabbit(s) can decided what they like and as long as they do have somewhere dry to go if they want to, then a little rain won't hurt them (better than being couped up!).

Hope that helps x

Thanks for that...........I guess that if he chooses not to go into the house thats his choice........and even if he does stay out he doesn't get totally soaked as the run is covered.

Thanks

Beckie X

Mine regularly choose to sit out in the rain, despite having access to hutches/covered areas/a shed.... :?

Mine too.
Funnier still was back in the winter when one of them decided to sit in the snow. After a while there was just a snow bunny...... but go, he would not :?

Weird isn't it......we try to look after them, providing them with shelter and they stick two 'paws' in the air and do what they want:roll:

Thinking back when we had abbey - her hutch was inside a huge enclosure and once opened up in the morning she could be in or out the hutch - quite often I would see laying on top the hutch in the rain

Thanks guys

Beckie X

So glad you asked this question. I have been wondering if we should attempt to dry them before they go back in the hutch? I managed to swipe a towel across Fluffy before he ran back inside but Miffy hid and wouldn't get dried!
Thank you.

I must admit I have been giving Charlie a towel down if he's got too wet - he doesn't enjoy it much but hey ho

Hugs
Beckie X

Back