• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you know if...

Graeme27Uk

Warren Scout
Reading some other posts a thought came across my mind...

How do you know if a rabbit has liver or other such internal problems?

The vets we usually go to just put everything down to teeth problems. Just thinking that Frosty might have had other internal problems that were not diagnosed.

Do you have to ask for the tests to be done?

Diagnostics could include blood tests, Xrays, Ultrasound scan, faecal analysis, urinalysis,swabs from abscess walls, Histopathology (tissue sample analysis), Cytology (microscopic examination of cells),fine needle biopsy...................

There are numerous diagnostics available and which ones are used (if any) would depend on clinical symptoms and what the Vet finds after a thorough examination.

A Vet should not just attribute everything to Dental problems without considering other possibilities.

Diagnostics could include blood tests, Xrays, Ultrasound scan, faecal analysis, urinalysis,swabs from abscess walls, Histopathology (tissue sample analysis), Cytology (microscopic examination of cells),fine needle biopsy...................

There are numerous diagnostics available and which ones are used (if any) would depend on clinical symptoms and what the Vet finds after a thorough examination.

A Vet should not just attribute everything to Dental problems without considering other possibilities.

Well this is why I ask about a rabbit savvy vet near me. The vets just seem to attribute everything to teeth issues and such. Frosty never had any of those other diagnostics to find out what was wrong with him.

Back