• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New arrivals, Marion and Geoff/ Marions been to the vets today

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
This pair of bunnies arrived yesterday :love: They are an elderly couple with a few health problems. Poor Geoff found the journey particularly stressful and is taking awhile to settle down. He has a runny eye and probably needs a dental. Geoff is absolutely devoted to Marion :love: She is supose to have kidney problems that make her incontinent but I will be getting this checked out by a vet in the week. She also has terrible dental problems. Her back teeth look rotten and I suspect the problems with her top incisors have been caused by them being clipped by nail clippers :( They are shattered and the gum is receeding. One of the teeth has a piece growing out at a 90 degree angle. Never seen anything like it before :?

Here's Geoff

HPIM2199.jpg

HPIM2198.jpg

HPIM2206.jpg

And pretty Marion

HPIM2202.jpg

HPIM2203.jpg

HPIM2204.jpg

Last edited:
:( Oh Liz bless them both - such a lovely little couple :love:

What's their story? Where have they come from?

They have sat in a "rescue" for a couple of years and haven't really had the treatment they needed :( But that will all change now and once they have finished their quarantine they will be moving into their own playhouse :)

They didn't come with names, Steve named them John and Norma, my neighbour wanted Terry and June as I am using her summerhouse again:oops: but thankfully it was my turn to choose :lol:

OOOh, they are lovely....another two bunsters that ill look forward to hearing updates on :)

I have set them up a temporary playpen for their quarantine :)

HPIM2207.jpg

Marion ate well this afternoon but Geoff is still a little nervous

HPIM2208.jpg

Hopefully Geoff will settle overnight. I can empathise having experienced this so recently with Noah! Geoff does have the huge advantage of a partner bun, although against that he's older than Noah and more frail. But hopefully by tomorrow he'll be recovered from the surprise of moving... :wave:

Hopefully Geoff will settle overnight. I can empathise having experienced this so recently with Noah! Geoff does have the huge advantage of a partner bun, although against that he's older than Noah and more frail. But hopefully by tomorrow he'll be recovered from the surprise of moving... :wave:

Thanks, he is rather on the podgy side so can mange with a little less food :? Although he is still bony across his hips, that could be old age or more likely a complete lack of exercise :(

He is still really stressed but did eat a little more last night. I haven't seen much of them today as it's been pouring with rain :roll: but I will update later when they have been fed this afternoon. Marion is booked in to see the vet Thursday when Timmy has his check up. I am going to leave Geoff a bit longer if he seems OK as I really think they are having trouble adjusting at the moment.

He is still really stressed but did eat a little more last night. I haven't seen much of them today as it's been pouring with rain :roll: but I will update later when they have been fed this afternoon. Marion is booked in to see the vet Thursday when Timmy has his check up. I am going to leave Geoff a bit longer if he seems OK as I really think they are having trouble adjusting at the moment.

Glad he's eating

Last edited:
Back