• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anybody who have rabbits live in a hot country?

does anybody who have rabbits live in a hot country?

Not sure if this will be any help to you but as no one else has ansewered your qustion i will try:)my son is currently living in L.A and he has wild rabbits living in his yard (garden) its over 100 heat at the mo and the wild bunnies come out mainly in the early morning to feed:)he sometimes sees them in the late evening too when it,s a bit cooler:)bless him he has asked what he can give them to eat as he feels sorry for them:cry:he,s been making them toast:lol:so i guess that pet buns would be able to live outside as long as they have shade:)
I am sure that lots of buns are also house rabbits over there too:)

I(personally) think ^^^^is different to moving a bun abroad. you would be taking it out of its comfort zone, and putting it through the most uncomfortable conditions, just so you can have your pets with you in Spain.

I really don't think that buns used to English weather would be able to cope with that of Spain, especially if your planning on taking them with you in August at the height of their Summer and when there is the biggest extreme (OK taking them from a English winter to and Australian Summer would be the Extreme), but can you see what I mean.

Unless you have a air conditioned room that they can live in permenantly then I would seriously consider giving my buns up, for what is best for them.

Please someone correct me! I know that the OP is attached to her buns

I dont really know anything about it.. but i just wanted to say my bunnies struggle enough with english weather when its hot.. I think mine would die if i took them to spain :?

I have a friend in the south of France who has a nethie in a tiny cage in her apartment. It can get really hot there in summer and she's survived 7 years.... I guess she's used to the temperatures but it can't be very comfortable for her.

I also remember going on school exchange in the south of Spain years ago where the family I stayed with kept rabbits for eating in tiny hutches on the roof of their apartment block. Not very nice at all. :cry:

So, from what I've seen rabbits can survive but it doesn't seem to be good for them.

Back