• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly Meg... OMG I have lost her

mich8

Alpha Buck
My gorgeous Meg has stasis. Just got back from emergency vets with her. She has had Metacam, Metroclopromide and Zantac.
Vet could find no real reason for it. Teeth ok etc. Although he did think her left side was tender.

Can I please have some eating vibes for Meg :( :( :(

Last edited:
Thank everyone

I have got Meg indoors now so I can keep an eye on her. She feels quite cold and is very unresponsive. I am so worried about her.

Thank everyone

I have got Meg indoors now so I can keep an eye on her. She feels quite cold and is very unresponsive. I am so worried about her.

I would provide her with a heatpad as she wont be able to maintain her body temperature whilst she is so poorly.
Has she had any fluids?

I am keeping her warm. I have gone through this twice before with a different rabbit, but she seems to be worse than he was. I am trying to get fluids in t her, but like i say, she is very unresponsive. It might have helped if the emergency vet was more clued up (it did not come across if he was). I dont know what else to do for her :(

Meg still not eating, drinking or pooing. Think we will be going back to the vets today. She has had Zantac and Metacam this morning.
Now very very worried about her :( :(

Poor Meg :cry:

I would suggest to the Vet that Meg has some subcutaneous fluids as its really important to keet the gut wall hydrated. Once a Bun goes into stasis the intestines start to absorb fluid from the contents of the GI tract which means ingesta dries out and can cause an obstruction. Keeping the gut wall hydrated minimises the amount of fluid absorbed from the gut contents.

I hope the Vet can help Meg feel better soon

xx

Have spoken to the vet this morning.........

Advice was... Keep doing what we are doing, syringing fluids and recovery food as that is all they would be doing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me realise how good my usual vets are with the rabbits.
Thank you for the advice Jack Jane. Looks like we are on our own with this until tomorrow when I can see my own vet. Just hopes she makes it :(

Have spoken to the vet this morning.........

Advice was... Keep doing what we are doing, syringing fluids and recovery food as that is all they would be doing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me realise how good my usual vets are with the rabbits.
Thank you for the advice Jack Jane. Looks like we are on our own with this until tomorrow when I can see my own vet. Just hopes she makes it :(

Oh dear :?

Did they ruled out a blockage in her GI tract when they examined her yesterday ?

Is there any other Vets you could contact today ?

Sending loads of vibes to Meg, I know it's difficult, but you need to try and keep Meg hydrated, I hope she begins to improve.

Whereabouts are you, perhaps someone else could suggest a rabbit savvy vet in your area.

When we took her to the vet last night He listened to her tum and said it was empty, then checked her teeth and did not think they were the problem. He wanted to keep Meg in, but by this time we had very little confidence in him.
He did not check her ears (they are clear)
He did not check underneath her ( clean)
He did not take her temp
He said nothing about blockages

So I think you can see why we had no confidence in him !!!!!!!!
I am looking for another vet, but they seem to all have the same emergency vet

Back