• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Rescued!

Thought all of you would be interested in this.

I own a motorbike (i'm strange i know :shock:) and am part of the SV650 forum. One member has just posted this up:

SV650 Forum said:
After events at work today, I'm providing a temporary home for a rather cute white/black rabbit, gender uncertain...... can you help me name it?

If I tell the story of how he came to hitch a lift home with me then it might help:

Colleagues went to a flat to seize, under warrant, the TV, hifi, radios, etc from a second-floor flat in north-east Cardiff. They took a couple of burly coppers with 'em as usual. However, the resident was a known local nut-job who, last lime the coppers went to arrest him, lept out of one of the flat windows (2nd floor remember!) and ran off. The eventually got him cornered, at which point he dropped his keks, reached round behind him a lobbed a handful of steaming fresh poo at them

Same coppers turned up today, understandably not looking forward to this latest encounter with the turd-flinger. The gentleman wouldn't open up so door was kicked in. The guy starts lobbing an array of strange (for a second floor flat) objects at them - garden hoe, centrifugal fan, budgie cage, etc. Riot police arrive, dispense the CS-gas and the gentleman is whisked off to the cells. Coppers depart leaving my colleagues to take the stuff that they came for.

At this point I arrive - yeah, I know, glory hunter!! It's then that we notice the bunny hopping about the flat

Can't leave him/her there as the door is off its hinges, there's a horrible atmosphere from the CS gas and we don't know when/if the gentlemen will be returning - might get sectioned and sent to a mental hospital.

Anyway - name that rabbit
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=136285

if you read the rest of the thread they go on to name it Arfur

isn't s/he lovely? (click links to see pictures)
http://www.llanmonforum.org.uk/Wabbit/DSCF0770.jpg
http://www.llanmonforum.org.uk/Wabbit/DSCF0771.jpg

I read the thread and found it very sad. :( I don't believe that these people had the right to steal somebody's pet. Do they even know how to look after him/her? I don't think that the rabbit was rescued.

I read the thread and found it very sad. :( I don't believe that these people had the right to steal somebody's pet. Do they even know how to look after him/her? I don't think that the rabbit was rescued.

Whether or not the person who took the rabbit in knows how to care for it or not i am sure he will soon learn and i would safely bet, that despite not knowing him, he is in better hands than a person who launches his own faeces at people and requires riot police to be dealt with.

Lovely bunny by the way :wave:

Well done on rescuing that bun!!

If thats considered stealing than I am a terrible thief!

When my OH didnt live with me, he loved with a bunch of uni students, one of them had a hamster and I used to look after hin alot.

Over the Easter brea, I took the ham home because the housemate was going on hols, I took good care of the critter, he was a lovely lad.

Anyways, I was on school placement after that (treaining to be a teacher) so didnt see the ham for well over 2 months, when I did, I was disgusted.

The cage was broken (it was too tiny for him anyways, for a dwarf, not syrian) and I found out he hadnt been cleaned out since I had him two months earlier, plus his water bottle was no existant and he had no food.... so thats no food.... no water..... and a terribly stinky horrid cage.

Anyways, me and my OH stayed there that night and the cage broke. My OH went to work and didnt notice but I soon saw the ham was gone, caught him and left with him. I guess I stole him. The girl text my OH a few days later and said 'Thanks for taking the hamster, saves me finding a hammer to finish him off' (disgusting I know, she had been trying to get rid of him for months, one of these "Im bored" horrible people)

Anyways, I bought him a HUGE cage and hes now been rehomed.

Ive never looked back. The ham is still alive and VERY happy and friendly today. Hes awesome, did I do wrong by taking him???

I think they had every right takin that bun, I would do the same myself.

There is no way I would have left it there, they would need riot squad to stop me!!!

No, you didn't do wrong. :) I just don't like the idea of somebody's door been broken, having stuff taken away including his pet. Nowhere does it say that the pet was neglected. I just don't agree with what happened and we are only given one side of the story.

they didnt steal it - the man was breaking a anti-noise junction taken out on hiim and the guy is (from what i can gather) someone who has to remove the music system - it was all legal and above board (the police were there) and as gas had been used and the door was broken down he thought he was better to have to the rabbit than leave it to fend for himself.

he also writes later that he may have to give it back (and has accepted that fact) once the guy has been released, and i pmed him and he has learnt and taken advice on how to look after the rabbit.

he could have left it to die, but he has taken it in and if now providing for it with his own money, so i think he's done a lovely thing :)

and btw, well done TeflonsShadow for taking the hamster! what a horrible girl! how can you trat a living creature like that?!

No, you didn't do wrong. :) I just don't like the idea of somebody's door been broken, having stuff taken away including his pet. Nowhere does it say that the pet was neglected. I just don't agree with what happened and we are only given one side of the story.

They explained why they took the rabbit:
Can't leave him/her there as the door is off its hinges, there's a horrible atmosphere from the CS gas and we don't know when/if the gentlemen will be returning - might get sectioned and sent to a mental hospital.

Plus this guy crapped in his hand and then threw it at police :shock: whatever his side of the story, that's just odd!

They explained why they took the rabbit:

Plus this guy crapped in his hand and then threw it at police :shock: whatever his side of the story, that's just odd!

I agree with taking the rabbit away from the smoke, as it wouldn't do him any good. However, they should have left a note for the owner explaining the rabbit's whereabouts. The poor man, even if he is mentally ill, will be worried about his pet. Additionally, I am not sure if the c... story is true. As I said we only have one side of the story.

he also writes later that he may have to give it back (and has accepted that fact) once the guy has been released, and i pmed him and he has learnt and taken advice on how to look after the rabbit.

he could have left it to die, but he has taken it in and if now providing for it with his own money, so i think he's done a lovely thing :)

Having read your answer, I realise that the guy who removed the rabbit has done the right thing for the bunny. :) I was just feeling sorry for the owner.

and btw, well done TeflonsShadow for taking the hamster! what a horrible girl! how can you trat a living creature like that?!

Thanks, this isnt the only animal I have taken though, lol, but usually the owners are like "I dont care"

I do think some people suck :(

Obv people on here dont :)

Having read your answer, I realise that the guy who removed the rabbit has done the right thing for the bunny. :) I was just feeling sorry for the owner.
i can see why - the guy says the bun is very friendly so it has been looked after by its owner and so is probably missing it, but he doesnt say somewhere he knows he probably has to give it back so he's not planning on stealing it :D

I was just feeling sorry for the owner.

It's the neighbours I feel sorry for. If the sound equipment was seized because the rabbit's owner has ignored an injunction to keep the noise down, you can be sure the noise has been going on for months, if not years.

Added to that is the effect on the rabbit, with its extremely sensitive hearing, of that sort of racket. Comes under the definition of cruelty in my book, no matter how well the animal was being fed or otherwise looked after.

Thanks, this isnt the only animal I have taken though, lol, but usually the owners are like "I dont care"

I do think some people suck :(

Obv people on here dont :)

i dont think its a "lol" moment when an animal is taken more a crying sad moment, prehaps with the current situation with one of my rabbits i am feeling particularly sensitive on the matter any owner who loves a pet deserves to have thier pet with them - provided they can care for them and provide a safe and loving home where the individual pets needs are met. if you havent had an interview /chat with owner and havent done a proper set up homecheck then this is not acceptable to take thier pet away as a kind of punishment for another crime... i will bite my tounge as prehaps i am still as i said emotional at my own current situation.

nb: in this instance the rabbit was right to be removed i dont disagree as the smoke and being left alone could have been very damaging. i hope the owner gets to give his side of storey that any issues he has (and clearly poop throwing is an issue) is dealt with correctly with the help of a team of professionals if he ahs issues wth noise orders it probebly is a bad household for a rabbit to live in also but the correct channels should be followed unless he signs over the pet to you.

Added to that is the effect on the rabbit, with its extremely sensitive hearing, of that sort of racket. Comes under the definition of cruelty in my book, no matter how well the animal was being fed or otherwise looked after.

i quite agree this instance was correct removal of pet but i still dont think its a laughing matter as the op put later on with the other comment about him removing other pets in other situations.

i dont think its a "lol" moment when an animal is taken more a crying sad moment, prehaps with the current situation with one of my rabbits i am feeling particularly sensitive on the matter any owner who loves a pet deserves to have thier pet with them - provided they can care for them and provide a safe and loving home where the individual pets needs are met. if you havent had an interview /chat with owner and havent done a proper set up homecheck then this is not acceptable to take thier pet away as a kind of punishment for another crime... i will bite my tounge as prehaps i am still as i said emotional at my own current situation.

nb: in this instance the rabbit was right to be removed i dont disagree as the smoke and being left alone could have been very damaging. i hope the owner gets to give his side of storey that any issues he has (and clearly poop throwing is an issue) is dealt with correctly with the help of a team of professionals if he ahs issues wth noise orders it probebly is a bad household for a rabbit to live in also but the correct channels should be followed unless he signs over the pet to you.

I agree 100%.

Back