• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

me and my pony jumping

shannon321

Alpha Buck
here's my ickle 13'1hh pony with my huge 5ft 8 on her! i weigh under 8 stone so its not to bad, any way us jumping today.
Comments on my posistion welcome but after 16 years i know all of my bad habits and am always trying to correct them!!
the jumps are only diddy as she's only just got fit enough to start jumping again in the past 3 or 4 weeks!

she knocked the front pole on this one.....

P250709_1359.jpg

so she lept this one, im not sure my im all hunched!

P250709_1358.jpg

and finally i did this jump just the once as she was a little full of herself today, it was about 2ft 6 (which she hasn't jumped in about 4 years!) although you cant really see in the photo, you can see that she considered running out, but she lept it and my OH missed the photo!! :angry:

P250709_1408.jpg

She is very cute and looks like she is enjoying it. if it was me I would definately wear a hat though

i do usually :oops: i certainly wouldn't ride another horse with ou a hat, but for some reason i have this thing that its ok on my pony! i know its not and im really trying to get in to the habit of riding in a hat! i keep forgetting it tho:oops: but there is no excuse!

Awwwww that's one cute pony :)
My friend Clare has a pony too. A Welsh something?? He's called Harry anyway and has a bit of an attitude. He does things his way at shows :roll: He's out of action again at the min though coz he's got bad tendons and is lame :(
I don't know anything about horses and ponies and riding them :lol:

thank you, she's a welsh sec a x with an appaloosa, she loves her jumping and id forgotten my martingale so she can be a bit of a hand full and gets a really hard mouth which is usually soft, she also bucks after landing sometimes (she bucks to sort her correct lead out!) so i've got an extra thing to be prepared for!

She looks very sprightly!! I used to ride a wesh sect d cross but can't remeber the cross. She was a little mare and would buck into a canter and most of the time she would refuse to do anything!! She was good to learn to ride on as it made other horses seem a dream. Your position looks good but I agree with the hat. My mum's cousin was killed when she came off not wearing a hat and it was her own horse. Not lecturing I just don't get on a horse without a hat. I am very jealous I would love my own horse, she is stunning.

yes id defo not forget a hat either, i came off the horse i always ride last year while jumping as she got over excited too, i loast a stirrup and she bolted off towards the 5 fences in a row, i got over the first 3 then the fourth went over her shoulders, luckily had my hat, but never thought id ever come off her, but you never know

i can see what she was thinking in the last piccie :lol: glad she went for it though

Shes lovely :D she will be keen to start with, try trotting her over some small fences and build her up. When I started jumping Winston for his owner he would stag leap everything, he got himself so exited because it was a new thing he'd buck and stand right off everything!! I'm 5'8 too by the way and ride my mums welshies :)

This was my first time jumping him in the field just over some 2'3 fences, I trotted him at this and he cleared it by about 2 ft and had a good buck!

n509993529_7411_952.jpg

This is him now at a fun competition jumping 3ft course.

jumping.jpg

You'll get there, she looks like she enjoys it which is the important thing :D

Last edited:
i always do poles and ground work before jumping, and start tiny with her before building up. She's been there done that but just been out of work for a year or two. i still need a rider for her tho :(

Back