• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about bonding

nannybonk

Warren Scout
I have had Flopsy(female) for about 3 years now and she is 4/5 years old. She used to be bonded to Dopey, but he died. We have had Jade(female) for 1 1/2 years - not totally sure how old she is. When Dopey was around Jade and Flopsy didn't get on at all, yet they seem to be a bit more amenable now.

We think they are both a little lonely, but not sure if they would bond. What do you guys think?

Also is there anyone in Manchester that would be willing to give it a go as I am much too scared?? - A donation would be made to a rescue of your choice of course.

I have had Flopsy(female) for about 3 years now and she is 4/5 years old. She used to be bonded to Dopey, but he died. We have had Jade(female) for 1 1/2 years - not totally sure how old she is. When Dopey was around Jade and Flopsy didn't get on at all, yet they seem to be a bit more amenable now.

We think they are both a little lonely, but not sure if they would bond. What do you guys think?

Also is there anyone in Manchester that would be willing to give it a go as I am much too scared?? - A donation would be made to a rescue of your choice of course.

Female to female bonds are supposed to be the trickiest if not existing litter mates, and both would need to be spayed first, but it is possible in some cases I hear. Good luck :D

I was told that about males, and I now have a loved up pair sat waiting to go home :)

I think the most essential things in bonding is as above, that they are both spayed, (and 6 weeks have passed to let hormones die down) and that bonding is done in a neutral area. This has always worked for me.

Back