• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spider/Insect Bite.....Allergic Reaction?

Lyss_8689

Young Bun
Has anyone ever had their bun bitten by an insect or spider that caused an allergic reaction before? My bun Billy started itching n biting his shoulder like crazy last night, i didnt think much of it at the time but this morning i found he had ripped a huge chunk of fur off and his skin was red, irritated and scabbed, so I took him to the vet. They gave him metacam subcut injection and some soothing gel after shaving and cleaning the area. When we got him home he wouldn't stop licking and biting it and he was getting very frustrated adn panicky so we took him back to the vet where they gave him an anti histamine and suggested we make him a body suit of pantyhose/stockings to prevent him itching but still allow the area to breathe. has anyone experienced this before?

:wave:

A lot of rabbits do have reactions to insect bites, stings etc.. :) I imagine that your bun could have been bitten by a spider or something looking at your location, I imagine your insect bites are probably a little more nasty than ours as we don't tend to have many harmful insects in the UK. Hope you bun heals soon!

Back