PDA

View Full Version : how much would you donate to have your bunnies bonded

lottielouise
25-07-2009, 12:57 PM
I have been bonding Dominqiue's bunnies this week. they have been here since Tuesday. And are going home tomorrow.

We agreed to do it for a donation to a rescue. But never talked about an amount. How much would you say was a reasonable donation?

I only ask as I have only ever bonded my own rabbits before

donnamt
25-07-2009, 01:03 PM
when i adopted Pearl i only gave 20 over the adoption fee :oops::oops:

on reflection, the next time i would like to give 50 or more if possible as well as the adoption fee, but it really does depend on my finances at the time

in my defence i did sign up to sponsor a bunny, so i try not to feel too guilty for not giving more :oops:

Wuezybun
25-07-2009, 01:13 PM
My bunnies were bonded when I went on holiday so I paid the normal bonded pair boarding fee, now 7.50 per day.

This would make the donation 45 for the 6 days you've been bonding these two. Does that sound reasonable?

Bunny Buddy
25-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I asked a similar question when Bunny Camp Sanctuary bonded Rudy and Tinks for me, this thread gave me a rough idea of what rescues would expect:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=148220

Well done on the bonding by the way, a brilliant way to get a few quid more for the rescue to invest.

charlie82
25-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Personally I would pay around 50 for a bonding :). I donated 60 when I adopted each of my buns, a few times I gave 100.

A donation is a donation though, so I don't really think you can ask for a set amount as it might put the other person in an awkward situation should they not have that much money.

The Duchess
25-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Some people suggest a figure that reflects what it would cost to board the rabbit for the same amount of time.

Before I did my own bonding, I gave 30 for a pair of my own rabbits to be done. This worked out about 8-10 for each day there I think.

I don't charge for bonding, and if it's for a rabbit being adopted from the rescue then the person normally just pays the adoption fee/suggested adoption amount (some are more generous).

I have had some very generous folks who have made a donation directly to me for what I am doing for welfare when I have done their own bunnies and this has been anywhere from 20-40 - which has normally been for a weeks stay here.

Bit of a minefield really isn't it.

aliceechamberlain
25-07-2009, 01:55 PM
I don't charge for bonding if someone adopts a bunny from the rescue.

But, I would say boarding costs for each day is reasonable.

Alice

aliceechamberlain
25-07-2009, 02:01 PM
I have just read the link. I have never been offered a donation to bond a pair of bunnies, and some of the comments are true. It is stressful, hard work, very time consuming and I have got a nasty bite on my leg from intervening in a recent scuffle!

I usually do one bonding a week.

So, to offer a donation is very thoughtful, and well deserved! And any donation, we all realise money is very tight for people.

Alice

Rachie
25-07-2009, 02:06 PM
When Fat Fluffs bonded my two they asked for/charged 10 per night, or it might have been per day, I can't remember now, then I added a little bit extra because I'm a softie.

If they hadn't of asked for the fee, I would have donated it anyway. I think a figure that reflects how much it would cost to board a rabbit for that amount of time, as The Duchess suggests, would be appropriate

Bluesmum
25-07-2009, 02:27 PM
I cant remember how much I gave Kris for bonding Blue with Ollie :oops:.
I paid the normal adoption fee for Ollie then a bit extra for Blue to stay and be bonded.

lottielouise
25-07-2009, 05:57 PM
thanks for that, very interesting

Becky86
25-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Tree bonded my bunnies for me, she had them on the Saturday and i collected them on the Sunday... i think i gave her 30 althought she didnt want anything :) They would still be single if it wasnt for Tree!! :) xXx

Starlight
25-07-2009, 06:01 PM
If it is bonding with one of the buns here at the rescue, I don't ask any extra than the actual adoption fee, though more is welcome, if it is two or more buns that have not come from here, i just ask a donation.