• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how much would you donate to have your bunnies bonded

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I have been bonding Dominqiue's bunnies this week. they have been here since Tuesday. And are going home tomorrow.

We agreed to do it for a donation to a rescue. But never talked about an amount. How much would you say was a reasonable donation?

I only ask as I have only ever bonded my own rabbits before

Last edited:
when i adopted Pearl i only gave £20 over the adoption fee :oops::oops:

on reflection, the next time i would like to give £50 or more if possible as well as the adoption fee, but it really does depend on my finances at the time

in my defence i did sign up to sponsor a bunny, so i try not to feel too guilty for not giving more :oops:

My bunnies were bonded when I went on holiday so I paid the normal bonded pair boarding fee, now £7.50 per day.

This would make the donation £45 for the 6 days you've been bonding these two. Does that sound reasonable?

Last edited:
Personally I would pay around £50 for a bonding :). I donated £60 when I adopted each of my buns, a few times I gave £100.

A donation is a donation though, so I don't really think you can ask for a set amount as it might put the other person in an awkward situation should they not have that much money.

Some people suggest a figure that reflects what it would cost to board the rabbit for the same amount of time.

Before I did my own bonding, I gave £30 for a pair of my own rabbits to be done. This worked out about £8-10 for each day there I think.

I don't charge for bonding, and if it's for a rabbit being adopted from the rescue then the person normally just pays the adoption fee/suggested adoption amount (some are more generous).

I have had some very generous folks who have made a donation directly to me for what I am doing for welfare when I have done their own bunnies and this has been anywhere from £20-40 - which has normally been for a weeks stay here.

Bit of a minefield really isn't it.

I have just read the link. I have never been offered a donation to bond a pair of bunnies, and some of the comments are true. It is stressful, hard work, very time consuming and I have got a nasty bite on my leg from intervening in a recent scuffle!

I usually do one bonding a week.

So, to offer a donation is very thoughtful, and well deserved! And any donation, we all realise money is very tight for people.

Alice

When Fat Fluffs bonded my two they asked for/charged £10 per night, or it might have been per day, I can't remember now, then I added a little bit extra because I'm a softie.

If they hadn't of asked for the fee, I would have donated it anyway. I think a figure that reflects how much it would cost to board a rabbit for that amount of time, as The Duchess suggests, would be appropriate

I cant remember how much I gave Kris for bonding Blue with Ollie :oops:.
I paid the normal adoption fee for Ollie then a bit extra for Blue to stay and be bonded.

Tree bonded my bunnies for me, she had them on the Saturday and i collected them on the Sunday... i think i gave her £30 althought she didnt want anything :) They would still be single if it wasnt for Tree!! :) xXx

If it is bonding with one of the buns here at the rescue, I don't ask any extra than the actual adoption fee, though more is welcome, if it is two or more buns that have not come from here, i just ask a donation.

Back