• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbits are turning me grey!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I feel guilty for relaxing these days.

Last week Tuesday to Thursday I nursed Artie through one of his not eating episodes. I rushed Tinks to the vets on Wednesday (instead of going to work) as she was breathing quickly and lacking some of her normal enthusiasm, thinking she may have a respiratory infection. She's on baytril just in case, though the vet could find nothing. I'm watching her every move, as you do.

I've just had ten hours sleep as I was exhausted (somebody was banging their feet at 2am, 4am and 6am but I never worked out who!). Tinky looked bright this morning, nibbling hay both times I saw her, ran laps for her breakfast, took a piece of spring greens and ran off to eat it - all an improvement on the last few days. *starts to relax a little*.

I just walked past Tink and Rudy, she came for a treat and he didn't :? So I stepped into their pen and gave him a fengreek crunchie which he reluctantly took then dropped :cry: I go into blind panic of cause, local vets about to shut, trip to Harrogate then ... mind in overdrive. I had a feel of him and thankfully he doesn't feel bloated.

I calmed myself a little and picked some dandelions. He came rushing to see what I'd got and took one. He's since had a couple of pieces of SS pellets and a sprinkling of Herbs Plus - with enthusiasm. I'll still be watching him closely all day.

Trouble is though, I'm still shaking a little :oops: It's the accumulation of so many of them being poorly. I convince myself that if I get it wrong they will die. I've just had a two month patch of not having to rush anyone to the vets and I was great.

I take my hat off to anyone with more than four bunnies, I really don't know how you manage it.

Goodness 4 sick bunnies at the same time, no wonder you feel frazzled!
Hoping the illnesses are all over now.
Suggest a good sleep, relax, then go out & treat yourself & enjoy it !!!

It's awful isn't it :( Ever since I lost the first three I've not been able to look at my buns without feeling fear.

I hope yours are feeling brighter soon, sounds like you have done everything they could wish for :)

Thanks for your responses Thumps and Clutterydrawer!

I do think when you've lost one or more very quickly it changes your perception of how fragile they are and it's more difficult to relax and think, "It's nothing to worry about". I have lost three bunnies very suddenly during the last 18 months :cry:

I don't know what happened with Rudy yesterday but it was a false alarm :roll: He spent the rest of the day begging at his normal rate :D

All four bunnies bright and lively this morning, I had a lie in and they made it clear that they had been waiting for me to give them breakfast.

Tinks was definitely not right at the beginning of the week and still seems to flop more than she would normally (looks like lack of energy), but she's so much brighter :love::love: I don't know if baytril could have taken the edge off whatever since Wednesday or she's just improved anyway. She even raced round last night, jumping over Rudy several times :love::love:

Back