• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellets for treats

dayle_x

Mama Doe
Which pellets is it that bunnies love? Is it science selective? Looking to get some as treats. Would they fit in treat balls?

Personally I think pellets should be given as a right, not a priveledge. Pellets, I think, are a necessity for rabbits. But you could always cut up carrot and put it in there treat ball. :D

I use the excell lite pellets.
He has some in the morning and some in the evening, then when I go out I put some in a treat ball for him. He's prone to being a tubster so I try not to give him treats other than veggis and a portion of his daily pellet allowance.
you can use any pellets as treats....but it is best to use some they already eat.

Sparkle loves ss pellets but she eats those anyway but I always put a few in her treat ball as she is a tubby girl and is on a diet. I would also keep to the pellets your buns eat

Personally I think pellets should be given as a right, not a priveledge. Pellets, I think, are a necessity for rabbits. But you could always cut up carrot and put it in there treat ball. :D

Actually they aren't a necessity ;) Rabbits can live normal, healthy lives on a diet of hay and veg. Giving them a bowl full of pellets every day is actually probably worse for them.

My lot only get a very small amount of science selective on a daily basis. You could mix it in with hay to make them forage for it :)

Science Selective normally go down really well as treats, and fit well into a treat ball because they don't just fall out easily, being of a larger size. :)

Actually they aren't a necessity ;) Rabbits can live normal, healthy lives on a diet of hay and veg. Giving them a bowl full of pellets every day is actually probably worse for them.

My lot only get a very small amount of science selective on a daily basis. You could mix it in with hay to make them forage for it :)

Shows what I know. :lol: Thank you for telling me that!

Yeah i already feed mine a small handful of a&p each a day, but wanted a different one as a treat. will try the ss in some treat balls :)

Yeah i already feed mine a small handful of a&p each a day, but wanted a different one as a treat. will try the ss in some treat balls :)

Ours are on a tiny handful of A&P a day between four and they get thrown into the cage for them all to forage or (like our lot do) just run around crazily for. :lol: They work fine in a treat ball but because ours are a four they tend to get a bit argumentitive over it now hehe so I give it to them seperately if there lucky ;)

I might see if the piggies like it today :D

Back