• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peter and Posy are bonding!

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Well its been 3 hours since Peter and Posy met and so far so good.

There was quite a LOT of humping by Peter and a LOT of flirting by Posy to start with:shock::oops: Then Posy started hiding in the hay and every time she was brave enough to come out Peter would thump and chase her till she hid again.

Then I gave them some greens to share. That seemed to do the trick! They shared the last bit and then Posy groomed Peter for a full 5 minutes :love:. Mopsy never groomed Peter, it was always him grooming her so this was lovely to watch. Peter got more and more relaxed and now they are flopped down next to each other totally smitten already.:love:

July2009026-1.jpg

I guess it just goes to show you can find true love 2nd time around!:love:

How's it going this morning Becky?

Looks like you've got it cracked. We may have to co-opt you into being another bonding lady for ARC!!!:lol::lol:

Keep up the good work and nose snogs for the rabbits - they look very happy to me.

Today has been very very calm and loved up :love:

They are totally smitten with each other and have spent most of the day snuggled up.:love:
Some pics...
Here they are sharing brekkie

July2009-Bonding002.jpg

Posy has spent hours grooming Peter which he loves. It makes him completely chill out. Here's a pic of a grooming cuddle.

July2009-Bonding007.jpg

Then Posy thought she'd earned herself a rest and tested out where on Peter works best as a pillow!
July2009-Bonding013.jpg

July2009-Bonding011.jpg

Not sure what I am doing right thats made both my bonding go so smoothly, just luck probably. Helen, if the ARC is ever desperate for bonding help...........;)

OMG thats amazing! I am sending all my lot over to you from now on! They look so loved up :love: :love:

Only 2 at a time please! Not sure I'm ready for a bigger group yet!:lol:

I'm so pleased with how well its gone. They are very much in love and they have only been together 25 hours now. Thanks for the encouragement to go for it Helen.

I've had tears in my eyes watching Peter and seeing him happy again. He just loves being groomed and Mopsy never did that.

Hopefully I will get some sleep tonight. It wasnt any funny business that kept me awake last night I just couldnt stop looking at them all loved up! Am going to have 1 more night on the sofa just to be 100% sure they are ok before they can go outside tomorrow afternoon.

I :love: having them inside though. Makes me want a house bun too.:lol:

Awwww how lovely to see after Peter's sad loss.

....a bit off topic but... are Leo and Lila in your sig the buns who were in RIN highlighted as they were in rescue for sooo long? - their story broke my heart, if so i am so glad they found a home :D)

Awwww how lovely to see after Peter's sad loss.

....a bit off topic but... are Leo and Lila in your sig the buns who were in RIN highlighted as they were in rescue for sooo long? - their story broke my heart, if so i am so glad they found a home :D)

Leo and Lila are the brother and sister of Amber and Alfie who were the buns who appealed for a new home. I adopted Leo and Lila 2 months ago and they too had been in rescue for over a year. I really don't understand why they have waited so long for a home, they are brilliant characters and lots of fun. If I had room for 2 more I would have Amber and Alfie without question. I really, really hope they find a home soon.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=187389&highlight=amber+alfie
Here's their story.

Leo and Lila are the brother and sister of Amber and Alfie who were the buns who appealed for a new home. I adopted Leo and Lila 2 months ago and they too had been in rescue for over a year. I really don't understand why they have waited so long for a home, they are brilliant characters and lots of fun. If I had room for 2 more I would have Amber and Alfie without question. I really, really hope they find a home soon.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=187389&highlight=amber+alfie
Here's their story.

Ah i see!! Over a year :shock:

If i wasn't too wimpy to try and bond four I would have them :( Keep saying that when i see all these lovely buns in rescues!!

Anyways.... congrats on the new couple :)! Great news!

I got a bit more sleep last night but only after I had put a cover over the top of the pen. Posy decided last nights game was trying to jump out!:roll:

Now I need to spend the morning descenting the hutch and run and then they can move in after lunch.

Back