• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Spraying....On ME?!

:oops:
I have recently bought a gorgeous Lionhead bun, his name is Rory. I already have 5 other buns, but have never had such a strange problem with them.
So, I was sitting on my bed just now watching TV, my boyfriend came to give me a cuddle (Rory always gets jealous)... 2 minutes later he was chinning me like crazy (I know, he owns me!) and all of a sudden ran a complete circle around me, spraying me from head to toe.
As violated as I feel, has anyone else had a similar experience? How did you deal with it?
I can't wait till he's 16 weeks and can be neutered (3 weeks to go! :D )
[=

Aww, he loves you :love:

If he's spraying already, check with the vets they may do him now. Rabbits can be neutered as soon as their testicles drop and he's obviously quite a quick developer. Is it possible he's a bit older than you thought.

Tam

ah love:love: i put up with it for 5 yrs before i got my bun deplumbed he always spayed at wrong moments e.i. when just going out etc hehe it can improve behaviour and toilet training now all mine are and any in the future will be done when old enough

sounds like typical boy behaviour, just be careful it doesn't get in your mouth like it did with Sparkle X

I had it all over my face...Eyes, the LOT. Thank goodness I had my mouth closed! :oops:
I wasn't sure if I should be flattered or angry...So I just shoo'ed him back to his cage and showered! :lol:

I have to go to my vets on Thursday anyway to take an older bun of mine for his steroid jab, so I'll talk to her then. :)
I gotta admit though, I was mortified when he did it, my OH thought it was hilarious, till I made him change the bed :roll:

I generally get my boys done as soon as they're old enough. And I'm gonna do the same with my girlie bun soon, too (She's bonded with one of my older boys, but she's only 5 months old)

Yeah, Rory has been all over me like a rash since the day we got him. I think it was love at first sight on both behalfs :love:
I never woulda bought another pet shop bunny, but I walked in to get hay, and walked out with a little cardboard box with the most gorgeous little thing I've ever seen - And my hay! :p

Back