• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Intro new girl (Rex)

Lillian

Warren Veteran
Today we adopted this new girlie. We were told her previous owner could no longer look after her.. but she had a very tight ring on her leg, very long claws etc plus her previous owner handed a few other Rexs in.. which made us believe she's from a breeder - could be wrong though.

I must admit i wasn't a big fan of Rexs :oops: They never look real in photos :lol: and look like they have very course fur - which i discovered isn't
the case.

With any luck our vet will give the go ahead for her spay next week, once shes recovered we'll work on bonding. Anyway before i keep going on...

Here is Cassie

151_3406.jpg

151_3409.jpg

151_3408.jpg

151_3404.jpg

151_3400.jpg

151_3399.jpg

151_3398.jpg

151_3393.jpg

She looks like she has settled in well already! :love:

She was really freaked out about the car journey but surprisingly relaxed once she was home. She doesn't seem bothered about seeing the other bunnies running about or anything :D

Well done for rescuing this gorgeous girl :love::love::love: and welcome to the world of the rex bunnies. Be prepared to get addicted to them! :)

Do you think so? :(
It did make me wonder cos despite the dewlap, if you feel along her back and sides she quite skinny.

Yes, she does look on the lean side.
Personally I'd be wanting to wait a few weeks before spaying her.
Unless she is already pregnant of course..................

Yes, she does look on the lean side.
Personally I'd be wanting to wait a few weeks before spaying her.
Unless she is already pregnant of course..................

I hope shes not :? Would it be too early to find out? How should i fatten her up a little?

I hope shes not :? Would it be too early to find out? How should i fatten her up a little?

Well the gestation period is 30-32 days so you'd need to know when there was last a chance that an entire Buck got to her.
I would not rush into fattening her up as feeding too much will just upset her guts. She may just be a naturally finer built Rex.
Getting her health checked next week would be a good idea. Personally I'd be wanting to get her Myxi vaccinated and on a 28 day course of Panacur before getting her spayed.

Well the gestation period is 30-32 days so you'd need to know when there was last a chance that an entire Buck got to her.
I would not rush into fattening her up as feeding too much will just upset her guts. She may just be a naturally finer built Rex.
Getting her health checked next week would be a good idea. Personally I'd be wanting to get her Myxi vaccinated and on a 28 day course of Panacur before getting her spayed.

She was handed in last week, theres a possibility she could have been with a male anytime up until then. I'll get my vet to check her over and do her myxi and panacur :) Thank you for the advice x

Lillian! She is utter gorgeous!!
She has landed on her feet with you though, hope she gets better as time goes on :love:

hugs from me. x:love:

Back