• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please give your bunnies an extra big hug...

sugarnspice

Young Bun
It seems all I've done since I've started using this forum is bang on about how much I miss Scampi... But bare with me!

I remember seeing Scampi's eye was a bit weepy. It must have been about the middle of May. We booked him in at the vets, not being too worried at all. In all honesty, we didn't think too much of it and I can't even remember what the vet originally said now. I think they gave him some antibiotics.
It didn't clear up, we took him back and they thought it might be his teeth. We ummed and ahhed about having him put under anesthetic due to his age, he was a little toughie though, so we took the risk.
He was fine with the anesthetic bless him. But the weeping continued.
By the start of June, it had shown itself to be an abscess. The vets thought he would have to be put down pretty soon. Amazingly though, with the help of pain-killer injections, he managed to stay with us a month longer. In the end though, we didn't want him to have to keep fighting and had him PTS.

I remember the last cuddle I gave him, in the vets surgery, whilst the vet went to sort everything out, telling him I was sorry and that I loved him.

If there's one thing that clearly jumps out (even in the short time I've used the forum), is the great love and respect you all have for your rabbits and that is so heartwarming to see. I really don't like being preached to, so I hope that's not how this post is coming across. It's just you never know what's around the corner, a month and a half and my darling little bun (sad as it is... but one of my best friends too) had gone.
Please give your bunnies an extra big hug tonight. I wish I could hold Scampi 'that one last time'.

Treasure every memory and take as many pictures as you can.

:cry: Awww hun that is so, so true :cry: I treasure every minute I can with our buns - they give me so much more than I could ever have imagined :love:

I hope in time you can look back on your time with Scampi with happy memories & fondness, he sounds like he was such a special bunny xx

An excellent post...it's so important to spend that quality time with your buns, no matter how busy you are, cos they can be taken from you at any time as I know all too well.

Back