• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Very worried about Thumper - UPDATED!

kerina

Warren Scout
He's not eating. He was fine last night, wolfed his greens down as usual.

This morning, he was rolling over in his hutch (I presume, in pain). I brought him in, syringe fed him some Recovery stuff, gave him tummy rubs, but he wouldn't eat on his own. He was pooing normally though??? Also, he tummy was gurgling quite noisily.

He seemed to perk up a bit, so I but him back in the hutch as I had to come into work (they don't look favourably upon time off for animals :censored:). But his poos by this time had become quite large and squishy (not dried and golden as they had been).

I've rang my mum and asked her to call in on him on her way past my house to a meeting, and she's just rang me (12.30pm) to say he's still not eating and looks unhappy. He's just huddled in the corner, although he is upstairs now - when I left this morning, he was downstairs.

She's going to go to her meeting, then come back and try to get him in at the vets and take him for me as I won't be home from work until 6pm.

I'm so bloody worried about him, and wish I said :censored: to work and took him to the vets this morning. If he dies, I'll never forgive myself.

:cry:

Please send him vibes for me

Kerina

Last edited:
Oh dear I think he needs to see a vet urgently! :( Sooner rather than later, it's not a good idea to leave these things as you know. I hope he's ok. :)

if i were you i'd suddenly develop some horrible contagious vomit thing that you really don't want your colleagues to catch and get bun to a vet now. doubt work will grind to a sudden halt but you're obviously really worried about him.

Mum has just rang me - she's got him into the vets at 3.10pm so at least he will have some painkillers and gut stimulant soon.

I'm so worried I can't eat - I haven't eaten since last night. It's like, if he's not eating, I'm not eating. I can't help it, I feel sick.

Kerina :cry:

Mum has just rang me - she's got him into the vets at 3.10pm so at least he will have some painkillers and gut stimulant soon.

I'm so worried I can't eat - I haven't eaten since last night. It's like, if he's not eating, I'm not eating. I can't help it, I feel sick.

Kerina :cry:

i'm just the same if eric's not himself - can't eat or sleep. hope he gets on ok at the vets.

He's back from the vets. He's had a gut stimulant injection and an anti-biotic. I've got some Metacam as well for him. The vet said that they couldn't find anything obvious that triggered it so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Anyway, mum got him home and put him in his hutch. 10 minutes later he was spotted eating hay! Then a raisin! :love:

Only 20 minutes to go, then I can go home and see him for myself.

Thanks for all your support and lets hope he continues to improve.

What a day!

Kerina xx

Back