• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pellets 38% fibre?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
this is the highest fibre count ive seen in rabbit pellets its called Excel Tasty nuggets but its for senior rabbits 5 years + does anyone feed their buns this? Crystal and Misty seem to like it even if it is for senior rabbits

This is not a direct comparison figure to other pellets as it doesn't mean the crude fibre which is what all other pellets fibre figure refers too. The high figure you are talking about is a 'made up' term that Burgess have introduced to 'mislead' the comsumer! (in my opinion anyway). The crude fibre figure is much lower and is the one that should be compared to other pellets. Excel is not one of the better pellets (or tasty nuggets as they are now calling them) for fibre content. Oxbow Timoty T or Allen and Page Natural or even Science Selective are better.

It's been talked about previously on various threads but just have a wee look at this one...post 20 sums up what I am thinking.....http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=176253&highlight=excel&page=2

Last edited:
By the way, I am trying out two pellets at the mo, Alstoe Vet Pet (will only be available in vets) which they seem to love but too early to say if it's going to be good for their gut, and Science Selective Mature, which my oldies certainly seem to love and are doing well on.

Crude fibre is actually 19% in the Burgess pellets which is no more than supreme science.

By the way, I am trying out two pellets at the mo, Alstoe Vet Pet (will only be available in vets) which they seem to love but too early to say if it's going to be good for their gut, and Science Selective Mature, which my oldies certainly seem to love and are doing well on.

Sorry to hijack this thread...

Helen, would you recommend either of these for old bunnies? It's just that my oldies (over 10, 9, 8 and 7 years) all get a mixture of A&P, normal SS, Junior Excel and Pets at Home Nuggets...and I'd like to reduce it down to just one type of pellet, but some of mine either loose weight or get runny poops depending on which one of their existing pellets I cut out.

Back