• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lump

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Just happened to have a gander at Dylans bits yesterday & noticed a tiny little lump with a pinprick sized black 'dot' on it. Had a look again tonight & it has doubled in size :{ Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this? Thanks

First photo shows where abouts it is:

Dylan.jpg

Close up:

Dylan2.jpg

I thought it looked like a little wart or cyst? It depends how inflammed or how quickly it has grown I suppose? Could it be a mole?

Its exactly the same, Not grown or shrunk - Or changed in any way :? Still has the black dot on it. The picture doesnt show too well the actual lump, its in one of the 'creases' & its covered with skin, the same pale colour as the rest of 'down there'. I havent seen anything like it before?

Looks like a perfectly normal stinky gland to me. The black dot is probably dirt in the opening?

No the inguinal and anal glands are situated around the anus itself. I think you'd best get a vet have a look. :D
All my lot have the ducts in exactly the same place as the OP's photographs. The size varies from rabbit to rabbit, but the duct is ALWAYS in the same place.

You could be right, the photo isn't very clear to be honest. The inguinal glands lie either side of the anus in the inguinal folds. I can't tell from the photo exactly which part is on display but I can see the lump and it looks like a wart/cyst to me :?

The lump is by the gland, in the crease - Sorry, no idea about medical terms! :oops: Dylans a girl but its not a nipple, its right right down. Also, its only just appeared & grown overnight X

The lump is by the gland, in the crease - Sorry, no idea about medical terms! :oops: Dylans a girl but its not a nipple, its right right down. Also, its only just appeared & grown overnight X

Sounds like a sort of genital wart perhaps?? I apologise to Mudgy who got the location spot on! :)

I just took a very bad photo of Doris, who was far too busy to keep still. Her duct is in exactly the same place as the *lump* Dylan has. Doris is ancient and produces a huge amount of gunk from her scent glands, and that shows up as the black, under the lump in my photo. Dylans looks very young, but I'm pretty sure we have both photographed normal bunny stinky bits. Apologies for the size and blurriness....Blame Doris.
006.jpg

One of my buns gets blocked inguinal glands and we clean the scent exudate out every few months. But i've not seen a lump like the OP's photo. :?

Hiya,

I think its perfectly normal, my buck has exactly the same little lumps in his glands and they sometimes have little black dots on them. If your worried take him to the vet though.

Back