• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

if you was me....

kate_s

Warren Scout
...would you try to bond Reggie. Reggie is a 20 month mini lop who lives 100 percent free range in the house. He is our only pet we have no kids and he has our undivided attention when we are home. He's not the most social rabbit at times he will follow you round the house and then he'll go missing for hours on end. he has very litle interest in toys etc i just can't decide whats best. I don't want to upset the apple cart but i also don't want him to be lonely. Its difficult finding boarding for one never mind 2 and Reggie has already ate most my wallpaper:roll::roll:

My OH is not up for it but i wonder if i'm doing the right thing?? I'm just so confused...

personally i think every animal should get teh oppertunity to be with one of their own kind and seeing how much happier my rabbits are in pairs than alone has only furthered this belief. if you do get him a freind make sure both are neutered before bonding and do the bonding in a neutral small area generally a female/male pairing works best have a look at local rescues in your area and then you can take him there to speed date if you like :) x

When I got Charlie he used to just sit in the corner of his hutch and stare out. Since he has had buddies, he is much more active and seems happier.

I would say that a bonded bunny is a happy bunny.

As to the boarding situation, if you plan in advance then there are plenty of places. Other wise set up a holiday swap type thing, you look after their bunnies they look after yours.

Also there are plenty of people who offer to look after buns on here who are not necessarily boarding places, but understand the nature of keeping rabbits and are very knowledgable in rabbit care

Back