• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to decide about bonding

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
I am trying to decide when is best to bond Peter and Posy.

I can either do it this weekend. O/H is around to help with the bonding and the children, we will do shifts lol! OR I can wait a month and have someone else do it. My buns are going to stay with Buuny-Friend when we go away at the end of August and she has offered to bond Peter and Posy while they are with her.

I am not sure at all what is best? Waiting a month would give Posy more of a chance to settle in with us and more chance for me to get to know her but it would leave Peter and Posy alone for another month. Doing it this wkend would be better for Peter probably but perhaps too unsettling for Posy so soon after her arrival and what with it only being a week since Mopsy left us and my son being ill I'm not sure I have the nerve or the energy.

Actually now I have typed all that out I think its best to wait.:roll:
What do you think?

I am trying to decide when is best to bond Peter and Posy.

I can either do it this weekend. O/H is around to help with the bonding and the children, we will do shifts lol! OR I can wait a month and have someone else do it. My buns are going to stay with Buuny-Friend when we go away at the end of August and she has offered to bond Peter and Posy while they are with her.

I am not sure at all what is best? Waiting a month would give Posy more of a chance to settle in with us and more chance for me to get to know her but it would leave Peter and Posy alone for another month. Doing it this wkend would be better for Peter probably but perhaps too unsettling for Posy so soon after her arrival and what with it only being a week since Mopsy left us and my son being ill I'm not sure I have the nerve or the energy.

Actually now I have typed all that out I think its best to wait.:roll:
What do you think?

Becky,

That is a tough decision :( we are more than happy to bond them for you and you don't have to wat until they come to stay as we can do it whenever :D if you feel it would be less stressful for you to have someone else do it but don't want to leave Peter on his own for much longer then we can do it before you go away if you want...just let me know :)

Personally I'd go for it sooner Becky as she will be unsettled and this helps in the bonding process. If you leave it she maybe become territorial and you will have issues with sorting out the accommodatioin.

Go for it! At least then you will know if you are going to have another pair or not. If you wait until the end of August and then it doesn't work, you will have 'wasted' a month.

Buns bond so much better when they are unsettled.

Good luck if you decide to go for it!

Becky,

That is a tough decision :( we are more than happy to bond them for you and you don't have to wat until they come to stay as we can do it whenever :D if you feel it would be less stressful for you to have someone else do it but don't want to leave Peter on his own for much longer then we can do it before you go away if you want...just let me know :)

Thats very kind of you. I will decide in the morning but may well take you up on the offer.

Personally I'd go for it sooner Becky as she will be unsettled and this helps in the bonding process. If you leave it she maybe become territorial and you will have issues with sorting out the accommodatioin.

Go for it! At least then you will know if you are going to have another pair or not. If you wait until the end of August and then it doesn't work, you will have 'wasted' a month.

Buns bond so much better when they are unsettled.

Good luck if you decide to go for it!

OOhh then it might be ok after all! I think I will give it a go. The plan was to start tomorrow night. If I loose my nerve I might call in some help! Peter and Mopsy bonded so so easily and that was stressful enough.

Posy and Peter are both quite unsettled now so perhaps it will work. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

OOhh then it might be ok after all! I think I will give it a go. The plan was to start tomorrow night. If I loose my nerve I might call in some help! Peter and Mopsy bonded so so easily and that was stressful enough.

Posy and Peter are both quite unsettled now so perhaps it will work. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Fingers crossed :)

Will PM you my phone number if you need any help ;)

Back