• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Lucky Am I?

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Just went up to Budgens last minute to get some milk and when I was leaving saw on their noticeboard a card with "Free to Collector" - a Poppy Playhouse!

I phoned the lady immediately and I'm collecting tomorrow. I feel blessed. All of our existing rabbit wendy's are Poppy Playhouses and so I'm happy to dismantle and put back up. Plus the conversions to rabbit houses are a doddle.

How lucky am I!

Someone is looking after me and the foster rabs as this will end up being a foster place for Freda and Jim in the short term.

Some people are so generous!:D

I always count my blessings and feel that this is one special one.

I am thrilled because it's the same as the others and so when people come to view the foster buns, the garden no longer looks like a total mess. I just have to think of a theme for this new home. We have a beach hut, Rose Cottage, The Potting Shed, a little french house, assorted others, but now I am going to have to come up with something else!

Tough job but someones got to do it.

Just hope that it's not totally rotten when I get there - still can still make use of some of the bits I am sure.....

I am thrilled because it's the same as the others and so when people come to view the foster buns, the garden no longer looks like a total mess. I just have to think of a theme for this new home. We have a beach hut, Rose Cottage, The Potting Shed, a little french house, assorted others, but now I am going to have to come up with something else!

Just hope that it's not totally rotten when I get there - still can still make use of some of the bits I am sure.....

How about an Italian theme? Or mexican :)

Or, seing as this one is a blessing, how about something angelic. "The guardian Angel" (sorry...sounds a bit pants :oops:)

thats the star tarot card, unexpected help! Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

I know and it was the same with my 'white puppy' pen too Julie. I just seem to be quite lucky at times. It's my bargain hunters mojo.

I shouldn't count my chickens though, and wait and see what happens tomorrow. Karma is a strange thing!

How about an Italian theme? Or mexican :)

It'll end up being something where I have found 'props' at the car boot Erin.

I found a load of beach accessories and lighthouses (?) and that's why we ended up with a beach hut.

I'm thinking sweet shop and then filling some storage jars with yummy sweets for all of our smaller visitors to the garden.:D

I found a load of beach accessories and lighthouses (?) and that's why we ended up with a beach hut.

I'm thinking sweet shop and then filling some storage jars with yummy sweets for all of our smaller visitors to the garden.:D

That's a great idea! Love it!

Wow...how lucky are you?! :love:

Nobody gives anything away for nothing over here. The only time I've ever been offered free stuff for the rabbits it was just to save them a trip to the tip to get rid of cr*ppy old hutches etc :roll: :lol:

Wow...how lucky are you?! :love:

Nobody gives anything away for nothing over here. The only time I've ever been offered free stuff for the rabbits it was just to save them a trip to the tip to get rid of cr*ppy old hutches etc :roll: :lol:

Well I am waiting to see if this is just a question of it being cleared from the garden for free and it being only good for firewood :lol::lol::lol: I've seen a photo and it's difficult to tell but my fingers are well and truly crossed!

I :love: the idea of a sweet shop! My daughter is already looking forward to meeting you and your buns she will be even more excited if you have a bunny owned sweet shop!

I :love: the idea of a sweet shop! My daughter is already looking forward to meeting you and your buns she will be even more excited if you have a bunny owned sweet shop!

Awh! Well I think I have decided upon the theme. The lovely wee 7 year old girl who the wendy house used to belong to (and who kept me company while I dismantled it), had put stickers of fairies and rainbows in the wendy and while I was there it poured with rain, started to thunder and lightning. She asked me if I like rainbows because I had commented on her lovely multicoloured umbrella and so I said yes.

So there we have it, I think it's going to be The Rainbow Room just for Molly. Her mum is going to bring her over to see it when it's finished. The mum's sister has rabbits so you never know she might pick up some ideas as she's going to bring her along to have some bunny cuddles too.

So what do you think Becky - The Rainbow Room and it will have jars of all kinds of brightly coloured things on the shelf like beads, buttons and sweeties!!! (obviously out of the rabbits' way!)

The wendy was in really good nick except it'll need a new set of barers. The dad had put it up really well and so it came down in just under an hour!

I AM SO SO LUCKY!!!:D:D

Awh! Well I think I have decided upon the theme. The lovely wee 7 year old girl who the wendy house used to belong to (and who kept me company while I dismantled it), had put stickers of fairies and rainbows in the wendy and while I was there it poured with rain, started to thunder and lightning. She asked me if I like rainbows because I had commented on her lovely multicoloured umbrella and so I said yes.

So there we have it, I think it's going to be The Rainbow Room just for Molly. Her mum is going to bring her over to see it when it's finished. The mum's sister has rabbits so you never know she might pick up some ideas as she's going to bring her along to have some bunny cuddles too.

So what do you think Becky - The Rainbow Room and it will have jars of all kinds of brightly coloured things on the shelf like beads, buttons and sweeties!!! (obviously out of the rabbits' way!)

The wendy was in really good nick except it'll need a new set of barers. The dad had put it up really well and so it came down in just under an hour!

I AM SO SO LUCKY!!!:D:D

I'm so pleased it was a good one! The Rainbow Room sounds lovely! I can't wait to see it. I know Ella will love it.

Back