• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild buns almost 8wks should i separate

caismeister

Alpha Buck
My wildies will be 8 weeks old next tuesday should i then split males from females? They are hopefully going to be released at about 12 weeks old so just wanting opinions to separate or not.

My wildies will be 8 weeks old next tuesday should i then split males from females? They are hopefully going to be released at about 12 weeks old so just wanting opinions to separate or not.

Would they not be okay together till 12 weeks? What is the likelihood of pegnancy?

Would they not be okay together till 12 weeks? What is the likelihood of pegnancy?

I think they will be ok untill 12 weeks but i just wanted to be sure and see what people think. I think a pregnancy is highly unlikely to be honest as they are still tiny and the boys are not yet mature

The wild male I hand reared didn't drop his testicles until 8 months old. I think domestic rabbits have been selectively bred to mature earlier.

I would leave them together until they are released.

Back