• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how many is to many for you?

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
what is the maximum amout of buns you would ever have?

about 3 years ago i had 7 rabbits! what can i say never again

i think i will never have anymore then 2, with 2 i can spoil them rotten and have close bonds with them :love:

i know theres a few people who have many rabbits/pets and manage to bond with them all im just not capable of that :oops:

I have a group of 4, not through choice (but I :love: them to bits and wouldn't change it for the world now). The group of 4 works well but it has been a long road to get there and at one point I had 4 hutches/run - one for each rabbit! I would hate to go back to that again.

So, in answer to your question, 4 is nice, dont think I could handle more (unless bonded with my 4) but in the future I would probably stick to 2 unless something changed that (like how I ended up with my 4).

Does that make any sense??? :lol: :roll: :lol:

We have 12 rabbits at the moment, and 3 are due soon, but after that we will say no more- unless an absolute emergency comes along...........:oops:

Last edited:
I'm up to nine rabbits and two guinea pigs at the moment, but technically only five rabbits are mine. I wouldn't want to go above 5 to be honest. :)

I think I would say 6, I know I can have more in terms of space and money, but I don't think I would have time for more. Of course if someone came and said that something unsavoury was going to happen if I didn't then ofcourse, but I think it would have to be rehomed.

Saying that, I think I could have other animals which are less time demanding /indoors. At the minute we are thinking of a cat, as it would fit in with our house and other demands.

I have five at the moment, two pairs and a single. At some point, I'd ideally like to adopt a girly-bun for my single boy... so that would be six. I wouldn't intentionally have more than six, but if I ever found a rabbit or had someone knock on asking me to take theirs, I know I wouldn't then want to hand the bunny into a rescue and would most likely end up keeping it. :lol: So... six in theory is as many as I'd choose to have.

I have 4 at the moment. I would love to have 2 more but I just dont have the space in our current garden. If we move to a bigger house with more space then maybe.

I have 1 pair and 2 singles for a few more days and then hopefully it will be 2 pairs again. Eventually after Posy is spayed I would love to bond all 4 then they could all free range together. Having to divide the garden for free range time is a nuisance!

I only have 2 [at the min],mum and dad have 8 fosters.I'm going to visit in a weeks time so I may end up with more buns but my maximum would be 4.:D

I have 7 bunnies and a hamster. A while ago I fostered 2 more for Honeybunny, just for a couple of months till she had space, I have to say, it near killed me!!! I don't know how the rescues cope with so many :shock:
I was happy to help, but very relieved when she had space and I could get back to my 7!!

23 which is what we've got now :) Although I would love a couple more, I'd be divorced in a shot! :roll: Mmmm now there's a thought............:lol:

We need either a pic thread of your bunnies or a new sig! I lose count

I'm losing count too :oops::lol: Ok will try to get a thread done with all of them on over the weekend :) I keep meaning to see if my siggy can be updated - Lillian offered ages ago bless her - but I've never got round to sending her the pics :oops:

Back