• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kids - go away!!

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
I have this girl who Nan lives on my street some where. She just comes over ALL THE TIME, rings the door bell asking if she can hold the buns. Of course the first few times I went out with her etc etc but now its totally taking the :censored: she brings her friends and siblings along too. I wont allow them around the back for insurance reasons but I could be anyone, where are these kids parents?

My poor mum has just finished a long shift and went for a lie down and she rings the door bell, the dogs go nuts!! I wish she would just :censored: off. I am not a baby sitter :roll:

Couldn't you have a word with the parents. Thats bad :shock: id never my little brother do that :?

Last edited:
i would just give her some story that you'll be busy over the next few weeks and not to be calling an interupting.

The next couple of times they come round say you are about to go out/ are having your tea/ have visitors/ you have swine flu etc etc and its not convenient they will hopefully get the hint

We get a lot of kids hanging around our place in the summer hols, I have generally found the best way to handle them is to be nice and answer all the questions etc then eventually they get bored and don't come back. The more difficult you are with them the more persistant they become and sometimes I get concerned that they will start to get silly with things.

So I always find in these situations its best to just be patient and let them show an interest until they get bored with it :)

well today, i was off with them and said I had paper work to do and if they wanted to hold a rabbit they could. They only stayed 10 minutes because I wasn't there to talk to them. Hopefully they will get the hint if I keep doing this. We have used excuses before, I am ill in bed, I am going out, we are having a bbq, I am running out of excuses, haha. Yeah they look like scruffy kids, little :censored:s

tell them your new insurance says you can only have 'visitors' in on official open days ( and homechecked bunny collectors by appointment); plan an open day for midweek, late september.

well i would suggest to them that they cannot come around to yours anymore unless they have a parent with them for insurance purposes. sad as it may be, that way hopefully they will attempt to bring a parent who you can explain logically to or the parent will refuse to come so they wont be able to come any more.

i htink its good they care enough to want to learn lots i think its a shame you dont want them there, though i can see the hassel that it may cause you how about writing a letter they need to give to their parents and also suggesting they come at a set time each week to do helping out duties like cleaning and feeding if they do their duties then they cn have bunny cuddles... i think they arent trying to cause troubles. x

Back